Chapter 1

I suppose it was just a complete coincidence we had happened to both be in the counselor's office on the same day. There is no way to explain how perfect it was.

         I was waiting for my 3:30 appointment on a Thursday, as I always did. I had never gotten into Dr. Wolfee's office any later than that. It was always early, or 3:30 on the dot. Not today though. I looked at the old clock on the wall, remembering that it has needed batteries for at least two weeks. I was sure that it was past 3:30, and that irritated me, so I had to ask the receptionist for the time on account that my mom just dumped me here at 3:25 every Thursday afternoon, then didn't come back until 4:30 when my appointment was over. It was always exactly one hour. I hate her even more for that today because I hate having to ask anyone for help. 

I looked up from my dirty white sneakers and tried to speak loud enough for her to hear me.

" Um... Excuse me?"

" Yeah, sweety? What can I help you with? Do you need something to drink?"

I don't like her enthusiasm. 

" Uh.. no. Wh- what time is it?"

" It's 3:37!"

I just nodded and looked back down to my shoes.

Maybe today I will get something special for coming for a whole 9 months this week. This kid must have, too. I'm not sure what a 60 year old councelor would give as a " reward " for that, but I guess I get to find out.

I don't like the fact that I get to sit here and think about how much I hate my mother for sending me here. There is absolutley nothing wrong with me. She thinks that my father leaving is the reason I'm gay. She acts like I'm going to Hell for it, that's why she was never supposed to find out about it. I'm here for no reason at all. I mean if me and-

"Gerard, Dr. Wolfee is ready for you now."

Oh, good. Now I get to figure out what's been going on.

That's when I saw him. The short boy that I instantly fell in love with. I fell in with.. well.. I guess that the first thing I fell in love with was the way his hazel eyes looked when he cried. 

Maybe I don't hate my mother that much.