The Letter

(Chapter 1)

There once was a kind and powerful wizard, just as powerful as any other wizard or witch, maybe even more so. What’s so special about this wizard, you ask? Well, let me tell you the story of (M/N) LeStrange, the Wizard who could do the impossible. It all started on a warm, summer morning…

(M/N)'s POV

I had decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go to the London Zoo. It took a bit to get there with having to use muggle technology and all. At least I was used to the technology unlike most wizards and witches. I always thought it would be best to learn about the muggle world in case it came in handy one day.

Once I arrived, I walked around for a couple hours and soon enough found myself in the reptile house. My favorite. As I looked around the enclosures I noticed a chubby boy banging on the glass of one of the snake exhibits. I walk over and notice another boy and older man standing there as well, the skinnier boy seemed uncomfortable. I then look back at the chubby boy and kindly say, "hi, yea, please stop that."

All three males turn as the chubby one asks, in a rather rude manner, "Why should I?"

"Well first, he doesn't like that and second it's annoying the other people around us." I say and point towards the snake when I say 'he'.

"Whatever, he's booorrring," the chubby boy says, elongating the last word for emphasis. The older man then leads him away as the other boy looks at me.

"Sorry about him." he says to me and to the snake as well, I believe.

"It's alright, but he needs to learn some manners." I say while shaking my head, the snake nodding in agreement. I smile at the snake, being able to understand him and all animals when they talk.

"Wait, he can understand you?" The boy asks in surprise and shock.

"Yea but I can't tell you why," I soon notice the snake reacting to the boy, "he understands you too... You're a parseltongue?!" I asked while glancing at the snake then back to the boy.

"A what?" He asks, looking at me like I grew two more heads. I sigh loudly and shake my head.

"Never mind, I'm (M/N). What's your name?" I ask, holding my hand out.

"Harry, Harry Potter." He says and shakes my hand. My eyes widened in shock. I'm talking to Harry fucking Potter.

"Nice to meet you. Well, I have to get back home. Bye." I say and leave once he says goodbye. My mind was still in shock.

Back at the Manor I looked around, not knowing what to do with myself for the rest of the evening. I sighed dramatically and decided to randomly lay in the middle of the lobby, staring up at the ceiling far above me. It was at least 45 feet high. This Manor was huge, and really lonely when it was just me, the house elves and my mind. I had nothing to do since Mother was in Azkaban and Father, I don't really know, or care, what happened to him. I don't even know him anymore, he left when I started acting more like who I truly was, a boy, then as my born sex, a girl. At least Mother accepts me as shocking as it sounds. It's horrible being born in the wrong body and you can't do anything about it, not even magic lasts forever as everyone knows. So, I don't know what I'll do once my chest starts… changing for the worse.. The last memory I have of my father was that he was the reason why I can understand animals and the fact that I can shapeshift into animals, other creatures and my cursed form. He thought it was a great idea to use me as his lab rat for a new spell when I was just a baby.

As I lay on the floor, remembering those horrible times and tearing up, I heard an owl fly into the mailroom. "Yay! Mail!"

I wipe my eyes and stand up, running to the mailroom. When I enter I see a barn-owl perched on one of the branches of the ancient owl tree in the Manor's mail room. The owl had a tan letter in its beak as I walked closer. I gently pet its head and take the letter. It was exciting to read the emerald green letters of who it was addressed to.

𝓜𝓻. (𝓜/𝓝) 𝓛𝓮𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮,

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓻

𝓛𝓮𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓻

I laughed softly at the 'The Floor' part as I opened the letter. While opening it, the owl jumps onto my shoulder and playfully nips at my ear. My mother did always call me the animal whisperer because all animals listened and loved me, magical or muggle, and not just because of my curse. 

"Sorry, I forgot your treat didn't I?" I say as I grab a small mouse and give it to the owl. It then replied "thanks," and flapped its wings. I smiled and finally took the letters out and read them.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Mr. LeStrange,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress

I grabbed parchment and a quill and started writing back.

Dear Professor McGonagall,

I received the letter and will be collecting my supplies shortly.

Can't wait to learn where my mother and father learned it all.

P.S. Thank you for saving me from another boring day at home.

~(M/N) LeStrange

I smiled and gave the letter to the owl, "Thanks buddy."

"Any time and the names Blu," Blu then flew out of the window. I ran to my room, placing the letters on the table in the front lobby, and got ready to go to Diagon Alley for my school supplies. I hope I make friends at Hogwarts, but my name may make that difficult.

Well, that's the end of chapter 1, I hope you liked it. This is my first time adding a reader into an already created story. See you next time my little wizards and witches!