Chapter 9- Be Mine

Start from the beginning

“Excuse me? No need for the insults. I’m not a kid!” I spoke harshly before Declan could even say a word to her

“No offense baby girl but don’t you have something better to do? Like fix that broken bright neon pink nail, or add a few more colors to the dark blue streaks in your hair? Or change into a swimming suit that doesn’t look like it came out of the Barbie and Ken plaza?”

I raised my eyebrows at her and laughed “Oh my God, why didn’t I think of that? Yes, I’ll do that! Do you have any suggestions of what colors to add to my hair? Or are you too busy pining over a guy who won’t even get it up for you because slut isn’t his type!”

She was ready to pounce at me but Declan held her in her ground. “Did you just hear what she said to me?” she blurted out.

“No offence baby girl.” I mirrored her sentence with a sarcastic tone and a vicious smile on my face.

She took a deep breath “Where were you when we would do it all night? Not even born I presume?”

“Jessica enough!” Declan gave her a rude look.

I laughed “you’re pathetic, darlin’. I’m not even interested in what you and Declan did back then, cause right now he’s ignoring you more than he ignored the mushroom on his plate.”

She looked at him and then tilted her head to the side “You said you loved my mushroom cream soup.”

He stayed quiet and looked at me with a hint of surprise in his eyes.

“Can’t even look at mushrooms! Much like he can’t look at you right now.” I started to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me in for a heated kiss. Which I reciprocated quickly

“I can’t believe this.” Jessica’s voice interrupted us. And I broke the kiss to look at her with an ‘I win’ grin.

“Good seeing you again, Jess.” He said and laced my fingers with his as we walked away.

“Lunch?” I said

“Yeah…” he looked at me smiling.

We went to the shower stalls and washed off, then met up front by his car and drove over to the mall. He knows that my favorite place to eat is at the mall, where it’s chill and almost peaceful at the restaurants there because people are always too busy shopping so most of them take their lunch to go.

We sat at Bob’s diner, and looked over the menus as the waitress approached us. “What can I get you guys?”

“Chicken wings and a basket of fries; make sure they’re extra crispy place, and a glass of orange juice with crushed ice, please.” I smiled at her once I was done.

“Make that two” Declan said to her and she walked away.

“Can we get beer once we’re done here?”

“I can get beer, you can’t.” he teased me and I rolled my eyes at him. “Don’t pout, yeah I’ll get us some beer.”

I smiled at him as he looked at me amused, “what?”

“How’d you know I don’t eat mushroom?”

“Saw you pick them out your pizza that time we were watching a movie at my place.”

“The night you almost kissed me?”

“I didn’t almost kiss you! I wanted to kiss your cheek but you like didn’t expect it and turned your face to mine, and I ended up kissing the corner of your lips.” I argued.

“But today I did kiss you, twice… and you kissed me back.”

I nodded with a shrug.

“Why?” he leaned into the table crossing his arms over it.

I leaned in too mimicking his moves. “Because, it was so hot.” I whispered.

“The kiss?”

“No the sun, I think I had a heat stroke that’s why I kissed you back. I was semi unconscious.” I teased playfully and he threw a napkin at my face. I gasped laughing and threw it back at him.

“Because you’re hot, Declan” I said as we stared at each other smiling “and because you’ve turned out to be my best friend, the one I needed to heal all along.”

“Would you date your best friend?”

“Depends…”

“On what?”

“On whether we’d still be best friends when we kiss, when we go on dates, when we…” I trailed off looking at him smirking.

“Be mine, Cordelia Wells.”

I leaned back in my chair “come here.” I said blankly.

He got up and stepped next to me, I stood up to meet him and wrapped my arms around his neck, he hugged me back tightly.

“I’m yours.” I said breathing him in and giving his neck a light kiss. He back away to look into my eyes and finally gave my forehead a kiss.

As we ate, I felt curious about Jessica. “Are you gonna tell me about her?”

“Why are you jealous?”

“Of a 5’10 blonde? Yes!”

“We dated last summer, and then she got a job offer in Paris, to be on the front cover of some clothing store.”

“She’s an official model?” I interrupted him.

He looked at me and then frowned slightly. “Do you know why I stopped communication with her?”

“Because long distance relationships don’t work, and someone’s bound to cheat?”

“No” he shook his head “because a month later I met you at that party.”

I bit my lower lip and smiled. “How could I have been so blind?”

“I know right?” he teased and I kicked him underneath the table. “Ow, what was that for?”

“Not making your move earlier!”

“I’m not really a morning person” he said nonchalantly.

I shook my head laughing, knowing I made the right choice in falling for Declan. Yeah, I’m falling for Declan!!

A/N This is my first note... so what do u guys think? What will happen next? Will she find that she's meant for Matt, or will she fall hard for Declan? 

Leave me your comments 

Kisses

-Ariana