★ Chapter 2: The Frog Cafe ★

After a restless Sunday night, It was finally Monday. The first day in my new high school.
After I was done getting ready I had double checked to make sure everything I needed was already inside my backpack. I peered inside my now open backpack and saw the compass I bought a few days ago. I remembered the tall stranger, Wooseok.
I grabbed my wallet from my desk, slipped it into my pocket and headed down the stairs. Before I had opened the front door, I was distracted by the sound of bubbling water and the smell of roasted coffee beans. I sniffed the scented air and started to walk to the source of the aroma. My feet still bare, I slowly walked towards the kitchen. Every step I took sent a cold sensation up my feet. I peeked at the kitchen, and saw my dad preparing coffee.

"Morning Son, shouldn't you be headed to school already?" My dad asked.

"Yes, I was about to just leave." I replied.

My tired eyes stared at the cup of coffee in my dad's hands. White thin veils of steam emitted from the hot brown liquid in the mug. My body needed coffee desperately. My dad then noticed my violent gaze on his coffee and soon had an apologetic look.

"Sorry, I didn't to make you one." My dad apologized.

I rubbed my eyes and took my car keys from the kitchen counter, silently sighing. I'll just buy some on the way to school. I opened the front door and was greeted shy the cool breeze of autumn. Fall was coffee weather and I wanted coffee. I walked down the steps of the front porch and to my car.
As I sat into the driver's seat of the car, I realized I had no idea where the school was. I unzipped my backpack and searched for the piece of paper Wooseok had given me the day before. The paper atleast gave me some perspective of where the school was located. According to Wooseok's poorly drawn map, the store I went to Friday was relatively close to the school.
I took the keys dangling from my pocket and turned the car to a revving start. I slowly drove on streets looking for a adequate looking cafe that serves coffee. After a left turn, I saw a cool looking coffee place. Running out of time, I turned into the cafe'a crowded parking lot and parked in the first available parking spot( which happens to be the farthest parking spot). I surveyed the crowded parking lot and got a little nervous. My old city wasn't crowded like this but It wasn't small either, but this was a different level of crowded. I saw some people coming out of their cars, and they appeared to be students also. Why was this place so crowded? Was this the only coffee place around? The cafe looked very sleek and modern. White and green color scheme, judging by the outside. I walked closer to the building and was surprised by a small fountain and pond in the front of the cafe. A statue of a giant frog stood in the middle of the pond spitting water out of its open mouth. I looked through the big windows of the cafe a saw groups of students drinking coffee, talking, laughing. Making friends was gonna be tough I could already tell.
I pulled open the clear glass door so the cafe and slowly stepped inside, it was awkward already. I quickly walked into the cafe and straight into the ordering line. While waiting in line, I had time to observe the inside of the cafe. The cafe was really modern and nice, with floor to ceiling height bamboo, comfy seating booths, large tables, and frog-themed everything. Frankly it creeped me out.
5 minutes later, I found myself in front of the register.

"Order please?" The cashier woman asked.

"Can you give me a second?" I politely asked.

"Yeah sure." She replied.

I studied the large menu and options.

"Pumpkin spice latte, medium." I replied.

"Is that all?" She asked.

"Yes thank you." I said as I left the line.

Now we wait.

To avoid awkward stares from other people, I looked for the restroom so I could stay in there for a little while. I walked quickly to the other side of the cafe and spotted a statue of a frog holding a sign pointing to the restroom. For some reason I bowed to frog, thanking it and sped walk to the restroom. Right before I turned into the restroom I saw a familiar face in the corner of my eye.
___________________________________
Author's Notes-
Hi! I was actually surprised about the amount of support of  last chapter. I expected  no responses, reads, or votes for at least a week or two. So thank you!!!
This chapter is shorter on purpose and cause I couldn't end this chapter comfortably so I felt like the last sentence was a good end.
And if you can please share, I will continue to update this book but more people reading and voting would be more motivation. 🐸🐸
Every vote and read is motivation for me to keep on writing.

And If you have suggestions on anything please comment and tell me. It could've about grammar mistakes, story ideas, or even about your day, I don't mind.

I'm also writing another story, I wrote the first chapter a month ago but never posted another part. But I do plan to post a new part very very very soon. So show support!🐸🐸🐸
It's just a small side project, but I feel like I could turn into something big.

 So show support!🐸🐸🐸It's just a small side project, but I feel like I could turn into something big

Go on my profile, and find it!

Date: 10/28/18

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️😪🐸