~||Farkas X Reader||~

She hadn't talked much to him, ever since she joined the companions she was very straightforward with him and would drop conversation quickly. He was one of the first faces she met that belonged to the companions and still she hadn't exactly tried to befriend him. He remembered coming across the women, her stubborn nature and defiant personality had frustrated him but intrigued him at the same time. She was as smart as a whip, clever and more of a talker like his brother. She wasn't a talker when it came to him though. It wasn't like they didn't spend time together either, they had gone on plenty of jobs for the companions together once she joined.

He had wondered if he scared her, he knew he could be quite brutish and intimidating. His brother had always been able to hold conversation with the young women, weather they spoke of books or battles. When he noticed them together Farkas would feel a sharp stab in his heart, like the blade of an assassin stabbing him through the chest invisibly. Perhaps it was jealousy, Vilkas always had her attention and it sparked something in Farkas. From what Farkas remembered he hadn't said anything rude to her, the few times they did talk he had been extremely kind.

He always had trouble with any conversation, no matter who it was he was always conflicted. He had words he wanted to say and words that actually came out, which would piece together sentences that made him seem unintelligent. He just never knew what to say to people but talking to Vilkas and Kodlak was no problem. They always knew what points he was trying to get across, no matter how poor his conversation skills were. He only wished {Y/n} was as easy to talk to, to get to know. Farkas rehearsed what he would say to her in his head over and over but never thought he had found the right words. Vilkas saw he had become even more troubled lately as this issue bothered Farkas more and more.

"Aye, you keep making that face and it'll stay like that." Vilkas was referring to his brother's expression while he ran over possible conversations in his head. Vilkas had seen that face before, mostly when Farkas had too much on his mind or was thinking about something important. Of course Farkas ignored his brother's remark, not even looking at him. He kept his gaze focused on the cracking fire of Jorrvaskr and his lack of response worried Vilkas. "What's going on in that head of yours?" Vilkas asked, this time getting an answer from his brother.

"I can't talk to her, don't know how." The brutish man said, he never broke his gaze from the fire. The mention of a her sparked interest in Vilkas, as well as surprise. To think his brother fancies a women made him laugh.

"Can't talk to who?" Vilkas chuckled, still obviously surprised but happy for Farkas.

Farkas debated on telling his brother the truth, taking a bit to respond. Vilkas waiting for his brother to respond, knowing it would take him a bit to find the right words. "{Y/n}" Farkas admitted, surprising Vilkas even more.

Vilkas had started to laugh again, {Y/n} had come to him with a similar problem once. She had enjoyed Farkas's company but hadn't known how to talk to him. She came to him for guidance and Vilkas tried his best to help. He assumed she hadn't used any of the help he gave her, seeing as Farkas was now troubled with the same issue.

Seeing Vilkas laugh at his issues had angered Farkas, making him finally look at his brother. "It's not funny." He growled. "I'll figure out what to do alone."

"No no, you just don't know what I know." Vilkas said, stopping him from leaving the table. "I want to help you Farkas."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She returned to Jorrvaskr within a day after the two brothers conversation. The young women had taken a work from Vilkas, kill an escaped fugitive before he made it across the province. It had been easy enough, on horseback she caught up quickly and her tracking skills made it hard for her to lose him. She had caught him within a day, taking breaks only for her horse to drink and rest. Overall he took more breaks then she did, sealing his fate.