"Hello, Volnus," I murmured. "How's your eye? I see you got a lovely eye patch."

For a few seconds, his expression transformed into a mask of shock, and then the shock was gone as fast as it appeared. I could see the uncertainty in his expression that was hidden behind a stone face. And as his uncertainty grew stronger towards me, my own fury started boiling in my stomach.

"Volnus," I ordered in a strange voice. "Let her go."

He growled at me. "Get her!" he snapped, and I felt the ground trembling from the force of the gunmen's steps.

My body tensed preparing for the attack, and as the first pair of hands connected to my arms, a familiar tingle like an electro shocker has sent the person flying away from me. I heard a loud bang followed by a sharp yelp. My eyes stayed trained on Volnus's face, watching barely visible emotions flashing in his eye. The only eye he had.

"Volnus," I repeated. "I'm losing my patience."

He started squeezing Charlotte's throat, and she cried out in pain. Completely losing myself to the rage that was burning inside of me, I raised my hand in the air, and felt my fingers gripping onto the air as if it was a thick substance. Volnus uttered a choking sound, and I pressed stronger, wishing to snap his neck. A couple of times someone tried to grab me from behind, but the power of my body kept sending them away.

The moment that lasted only a few seconds seemed to stretch for hours. The gunshots and the grunts were mixed into a cacophony. The raw energy was spinning around me as if a tornado, taking me deeper into the darkness. I needed to release it.

I wanted it out of myself.

It felt as if it was bolted inside of me for an eternity, and now was about to burst out. I started elevating in the air by the same scary force that now was a part of me. My breath deepened and my heart sunk in my chest, reveling in the sensation of control.

All this time Volnus's and my gazes were locked in the unbreakable hold. He knew what I was, and it was pure bliss.

The noise eventually died down around us, and the silence coated the air.

At last, Volnus's hand weakened, and he has let go of Charlotte's neck. She fell to the ground, choking, and started frantically thrashing by the icy road, trying to restore her breathing.

My own grip loosened on Volnus's neck, and I pushed him forward, away from Charlotte to avoid further incidents.

"Stacy," Chris stepped closer to me wiping his forehead with a sleeve of his shirt. He had a gun in his hand, and a few trails of blood were licking his face.

"Get Charlotte," I pronounced casually.

Without saying another word he picked up Charlotte, and vanished from my view. I focused my gaze on the Volnus again. "Am I your superior," I asked.

"Yes," he replied cringing a little.

"Do you know what it means?"

"Yes," he repeated.

"Who do you sense in me, Volnus."

"Oengus."

Something flipped inside of me, and I invisibly sucked in my breath.

At the same time...

I tried to relax, but something inside of me began waking up. I swallowed hard and poured into my mouth the leftovers of the whiskey from the glass. Sweat appeared on my forehead, and the burning in my stomach started rising.