★ Chapter 1:The Tall Stranger ★

Start from the beginning

"Ummm....Do you go to Cube High School?" I asked quietly.

The boy slowly nodded.

"Hah what a coincidence! I just moved here so I'll be going there too." I explained.

"O-oh." The guy said.

"So do you need anything too?" I asked curiously.

The tall boy pulled a list from his pocket and unraveled it. His dark brown eyes perused down the paper.

"H-highlighters, pens, notebook paper..." The boy murmured.

I looked around me and spotted a 6-pack of highlighters on the self to my left. I quickly grabbed the highlighters and placed it into his cart.

"There you go!" I exclaimed.

The shy boy slipped in a small smile.

"And it has all the colors too." I added.

The guy nodded and smiled again.

I pushed my cart forward and began to look for my necessary supplies. I pulled out my list from my pocket and read it top to bottom. My eyes glided down the page until I stared at an odd word. Compass? Surely they didn't mean an actual compass. I stared at the list like something would change. I sighed and walked towards the tall boy.

"Ummm....hey what's your name? I know we literally just met 20 minutes ago but like I would be good to know" I carefully asked.

"W-Wooseok..." He stammered.

"Oh nice name, I'm Yuto by the way..." I said.

I raised the list in my hands to my face and read it again, just to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong.
I read it again, It still said compass.

"Hey....I'm a little confused do they want us to by an actual compass?" I asked.

"Yeah..." He quietly responded.

"Like a compass, that like tells you what direction you're going in?" I questioned.

"W-what grade are you in..." Wooseok quietly asked.

"I'm going into junior year..." I quickly responded.

"O-ohh same, yeah they mean an actual compass." Wooseok stammered.

"But like. Do they even sell compasses in stores anymore?" I confusedly asked.

"N-no It's a joke, they mean the one you use to like draw circles, here." Wooseok whispered.

He pushed his cart forward and searched through the aisle. After a couple minutes of searching I reached to the top shelf and brought down a mathematical looking tool.

"Here..." He quietly said.

I opened my hands and he placed the tool on my palms. I looked at the instrument cluelessly.

"It's for math..." Wooseok explained.

"Got it.." I remarked.

Come to think of it, School was starting next Monday. It was Friday. And I still had no idea where the school was even located. On my adventures around town yesterday (me being lost), I didn't see my new school, or any schools really. I was going to ask my parents if they knew where the school was at, but they're no help to be honest.

"This is embarrassing but I don't really know where the school even is..." I admitted.

Wooseok flipped over his list which revealed a blank sheet of paper. He started to doodle some boxes and lines. My head tilted like a dog in confusion and a blankly stared at the paper.

"Huh?" I said.

"W-wait." Wooseok stammered.

He rushed and finished his sketch, labeling the boxes he had previously drawn. He then handed me the piece of paper.

"I-i tried sorry." Wooseok said apologetically.

Wooseok pointed at a box labeled store.

"That's the store and....the school is over there." Wooseok explained.

"No no, I get it..." I reassured.

"You sure you don't need this back?" I asked.

"No..." Wooseok softly said.

I folded the piece of paper and slipped it into my back pocket. And suddenly on the opposite back pocket my phone, buzzed loudly.

"S-sorry..." I said.

I then picked up the phone.

"Yuto!!! Where are you?!?!? You said you'd be back soon. I have to go soon. The dog isn't going to watch itself." My mom complained.

"Ohhh!!! Geez, ummmmm I'll be back soon....I'm checking out right now!" I panicked.

I hung up the phone and started to push my cart to the registers near the front of the store.

"SEE YOU AROUND!!! THANK YOU!!!" I shouted back at Wooseok.

He gave me a small wave and disappeared into the aisle.

___________________________________
Author's Notes-
Hi guys. I decided to not exactly end my last book but to elaborate from the book, and making it better. Reads and votes doesn't really matter to me as mush as it use too. I just wanted my story to be better so I decided to make this one. Thanks for the support tho <3.

If you can please share this story or vote on it so It can be exposed more faster. I would really appreciate it.

Just for reference IF you don't know what a math compass is this is what it looks like:

It's a tool used to draw perfect circles or something idk.
________________________________
If you can, please answer this questionnaire:

1.Was this chapter too short?
Yes or No

2.Is this interesting enough?
Yes or No

3.Free Response: What would you like to happen in the story?

4.Did you see any grammar mistakes? If so, tell me where.
________________________________

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️- 10/25/18