★ Chapter 1:The Tall Stranger ★

"Yes mom, I'll be home in a bit, I just gotta buy a few things for school!" I said into the phone while pushing a metal shopping cart through the aisles.

"Yuto I thought you got school supplies yesterday!" My mom fussed on the other end of the line.

"You and Dad were at work. I tried driving around and finding a store but I couldn't find one, I got lost, drove aimlessly for 20 minutes, and then somehow found the house." I explained with an annoyed tone.

"Well that's not my fault." My mom snapped.

"Well...technically you and Dad were the ones the decided to move here..." I teased.

"Yuto, your dad got a promotion and we can't pass off extra money." My mom explained.

"Whatever..." I commented.

"Just hurry back to the house ASAP I have to leave soon and someone has to watch the dog." My mom explained.

"Yeah, yeah bye." I said and hung up.

This new city was really weird to be honest, very different compared to my hometown. I found myself wandering the store aimlessly looking for the office/school supplies section. I pushed my cart forward and surveyed the area for any employees that could potentially help me. I looked down the aisle and spotted nobody. I looked at the products on the shelves of the aisle, and I again lost hope. The aisle was for hygiene products, which I wasn't looking for.
I started to become more and more desperate, so began to look for somebody,anybody. I turned a corner and saw a guy, eyeing the different meats on display. He was tall and had dark black hair. I hesitated for a moment and started to approach the guy. I walked slowly towards him, pushing my shopping cart.

"Hey excuse me....can you help me?" I whispered softly.

The stranger slowly removed his earbuds from his ears and turned towards me. The stranger wiped a small amount of sweat from off his forehead.

"A-are you t-talking to me?" The stranger stammered.

I observed the area around us, smiling. No one was in sight, the aisle was empty. The only thing present expect for us was the icy cold air, emitted by the nearby meat racks.

"Umm there's nobody else around." I joked.

"A-ohh." He stammered again, lowering his eyes.

The atmosphere turned uncomfortably awkward. After a couple moments of silence, I opened my mouth. The absence of other shoppers added to the awkward atmosphere.

"Do you know where the school supplies area is?" I asked softly.

"U-uhhh..." The stranger stuttered.

Yet another awkward moment of silence occurred. The tall guy took a deep breath and spoke.

"U-ummm yes, just wait a second." He replied slowly. He walked over to the refrigerated display shelves and picked up a slab of raw steak and placed it inside his cart.

"It's this way...follow me." The stranger whispered. He started to push his cart. With a slight moment of hesitation, I followed the guy.
While I was following him I thought about how awkward our encounter was. Did I scare him? He seemed awfully nervous. I'm not that intimidating, am I? After analyzing our awkward conversation earlier, I looked up towards the tall guy.
He was wearing jeans, cleats, and a jacket. He looked pretty normal to me.
After a few turns, I saw a sign hanging above a cluster of aisles saying "Office/School Supplies". The tall boy stopped and waited for me to catch up to him. I stopped my cart right next to his.

"Thank you." I said softly.

I looked at the boy again and studied him. I noticed something, that I couldn't see from behind him. The jacket he was wearing wasn't just a ordinary jacket all, It was a varsity jacket with the letters "CHS" stitched on to it.