Lipstick and coffee

Start from the beginning

"So you like drawing?" he asked out of nowhere and it kind of freaked me out a bit because I wasn't expecting it. I nodded still not actually looking up at him.

"You're pretty good you know" he laughed and then I realized he had probably been staring at me for the past 5 minutes or s. I felt kind of awkward.

I turned my head a bit and gave him a weary smile then looked back down at the sketchbook letting my hair cover my eyes.

"So you go to School in New York? I'm guessing you go to art school or something?"

I paused for a moment and nodded. It wasn't like I didn't want to talk to him because he seemed like a nice kid, but if I talked I would blow my cover and probably creep him out. Even though I was wearing a large gray sweater that almost reached my knees and some black skinny jeans that might have been a bit too tight even for me, you really couldn't tell that I was a guy. Maybe it was the make up and hair almost down to my shoulders that did the trick I don't know but whatever it was it worked. 

"Hey I like that super hero dude or whatever there! Has he got a name?"

I shrugged and looked at the drawing, then glanced over at his hands on his jean covered legs.

"I think he should be like Captain uh Blaster because of that like arm cannon he has and his like enemy is a zombie vampire uh alien mastermind or something" 

he sounded like a kid who couldn't make up his mind and I couldn't help but shake my head and smirk a bit at what he just said. I knew he was just blurting stuff out trying to make conversation. He probably had no idea what he was talking about either.

He smiled too "Yeah okay that sounds pretty stupid but hey I'd probably read a comic book like that! I guess I like stupid things...sorry for interrupting you I'll leave you alone now I promise." 

He gave me another grin and turned his head the other way towards the window. 

I hadn't really had a good look at his face yet and from the corner of my eye all I could really see was his jawline. Now for someone who's had to draw a good amount of people and examined peoples facial features while they're  talking instead of actually listening to what they're saying, I'd say his jawline was pretty damn perfect. I looked up a bit more to catch a quick glimpse of his face before he could notice me. He unzipped his dark green hoodie and reveled a Misfits t-shirt that looked almost exactly the same as the one I had. I think he noticed me staring at him because as soon as I was able to catch a glimpse of his green eyes he turned his head back towards me and smiled. I looked back down at my drawing and didn't dare look at him after that. I felt a bit disappointed. I kind of of wanted to talk to him but I couldn't.

Finally I was at my stop and I felt the tension roll off me as I put away my sketch pad and pencil and put my bag over my shoulder. I walked out onto the platform and checked my make up one more time and then started my walk to school. 

I had gotten there earlier than usual since I decided to take the earliest train I could catch as to avoid anybody who could recognize me, so I put on my sunglasses to hide the make up and decided to head to the coffee shop right across the street, maybe without the obvious eyeliner they would just think I was a guy with a really long girly sweater. I could smell the sweet scent of roasted coffee beans and walked a bit faster as I neared the small building which produced the drink of the gods. You could say I was a bit of a coffee addict. I was just about to walk in the door when I heard a familiar voice behind me "Looks like we had the same stop!" 

I turned around and there he was again, the 16/17 year old boy with ripped up jeans, Misfits t-shirt and perfect jawline. 

Damn it.