tattoos.

so, jaebum has this tattoo. a small rocket ship on his left wrist. he got it for no reason, really. thought it was cute. thought it was symbolic. he likes being fake deep, so when people ask why, he says something straight out of a romantic, young adult novel.

not that he would know because he hasn't read any of the sort.

"i'm looking for my home."

in simpler terms, he means a soulmate. or literally speaking, a planet to land on.

most laugh, swat his arm and say he's funny. he's not trying to be, but he chuckles along against the mouth of a short goblet. whiskey on the rocks ebbs against his lips.

jaebum isn't really looking, though. for a soulmate, that is. maybe pretty girls in red dresses and one-nights, yeah, but not a lover under and over sheets.

his friends, specifically jackson, tell him he's picky. a snob at romance. yugyeom and bambam chip in, 'oh, jaebummie hyung doesn't believe in love.' to which youngjae barks in guffaws to. kids.

but...

actually, it's quite the opposite. he's looking for this whirlwind romance. a love so grand, it'll sweep him off his feet. so, he wants a soulmate, but he's not looking.

she has blonde hair a couple inches past her shoulders. strands clash with the warmth of her complexion yet match perfectly. a beautiful irony. her left shoulder is bare. he doesn't notice. but he sees her face and admires her from afar.

he lets the shadows of the bar protect his visage, but they see. they know.

mark drops a hand on his back. returns from their friend, wendy, with a knowing smile.

"her name is seulgi."

then she turns and glances then share giggles with wendy before disappearing into the crowd of dancing bodies.

that's how they meet. that's how they begin. with secretive smiles and flirtatious ganders. blue and red strobe-lights catches them during those small moments until jaebum stands, finishes his jack daniels and saunters to her. now the lights are full blown.

"i'm jaebum."

he kisses her before they ever shake hands. it's weird but lustful and feels oh so right. he doesn't believe in love at first sight. maybe it's a little something like this? like their noses bumping, teeth nipping, hands grappling, lips meshing and tongues clashing. whatever it is. whatever this is, he likes it.

and when she repeats his name, he likes it more.

"seulgi." his whispers are lost in hair he teases. ("looks like corn." he laughs. she hits him.")

she turns, facing him in her sleep, "hmm?" she moans, and he's turned on.

however, he shakes his head and brushes the back of his fingers on her cheek. "you're hogging all the blankets." butt naked, he's freezing.

she giggles, awake but not and drapes an arm over his stomach to scoot closer. he feels her warmth. he feels her heart.

"is this better?"

he gazes at her, eyes soft. "yeah, much better." almost complete.

maybe he made love to her before he shook her hand, too.

and it takes a few dates before he does shake her hand. but it's more of a hand-hold. they were strolling through a mall, looking for a present for jinyoung because holy shit, his birthday is coming, and they've been too caught up in one another to realize. they're not official, no, but giving jinyoung a shared gift (a cappuccino machine for the interested) kinda says they are.

so, they surrender to the inevitable and collapse on jaebum's bed with a bounce. well, it's her bed, too. seulgi barely goes home.

no, she is home.

"hey." her hand slithers down his arm. her fingers coil around his wrist, thumb stroking the tattoo. "i never saw this?"

he peeks with one eye, too tired to bother with the other. "really? i always had it."

her face flattens then wrinkles in thought. "it's too small. i didn't see."

"funny," he nurses a chuckle, "almost all do."

seulgi arches a brow. "who are these all?" she's pretending to be the jealous, possessive girlfriend, but she's not.

"nobody important."

regardless of her being the least threatening person ever, it's not a risk jaebum is brave to take. so, he bundles her in his arms and smooches her cheek. wet and klutzy until she's laughing and squirming. music to his ears. a grin stretches from cheek to cheek.

her hair falls away from her bare chest, sweeps over the joint of her shoulder. that's when he sees.

"you have a planet tattoo?" eyes narrow. "since when?"

"since i was nineteen." she shrugs, rolls her body just right to entice him.

he's more than that.

he's in love.

and she is, too.

🌌🌌🌌
i think this is the sweetest oneshot ive written??? i wanted a short story like banana milk (weeps yall remember those days??) and i thought of this whilst looking for a new tattoo tbh. anywhooo i am not deceased and im letting yall know that by posting this. i am slowly working on my other stories rn. but i am sorry to keep yall waiting :\\ btw!!! i have twitter. its @ fraislait pls add me!! i am on private bc im a secretive hoe but id love to talk to yall there too??? esp about gotvelvet and snsd lmao.