Chapter 1: Stormy Seas

———————
They are always watching.
They are always judging.
Am I worthy of such attention?
Never.
———————

The whims of fate had taken pleasure in orchestrating a clash between comrades. The forces of good and evil trembled with glee when the inventible reunion of traitor and the betrayed came to pass.

The docks became a war zone just as the sun began to warm the Earth. Civilians were struck with terror as they witnessed the bloodshed that was to take place.

Blood littered the cobblestones, and many screams of both pain and unrelenting rage filled the morning. Genevieve did not react to the curses and insults she was thrown after she had made her allegiance clear.

She did not hesitate in attacking those she would have once called her comrades. In the end the Pirates made their getaway, and only the oceans knew where they would take them.

The Royal Navy had succeeded in defending the harbor, but a truth had been unearthed to the public.

Genevieve Cross was a former Pirate of the most infamous crew around, and she was now branded as a traitor. Her right cheek was marred by two fresh diagonal cuts that formed an X, the traitors mark among Pirates.

Some were appalled that a former Pirate was the Captain of their Navy, and others loved the tale of the Captain that saw the light and betrayed the wrongdoers of her past.

She did not seem to care what the populace thought of her, as she ignored their whispers. She merely stood at the edge of the harbor with her eyes set on the horizon, and then she spoke.

"Ich wurde von denen, die ich betrogen habe, als Verräter gebrandmarkt, aber so wie die Sonne im Osten aufgeht und im Westen untergeht, bin ich so treu wie immer. Ich bin immer noch Genevieve Cross, und ich bin stärker als je zuvor. Ich bin stärker als mein Kapitän."

Her words were hardly more than a whisper, as if she was speaking to the sea, but it was as if she had given herself the courage to carry on. Genevieve rallied her people and they set out after The Northern Winds.

Their first victory against the Pirates would be the start, the people said. The beginning of a kingdom without strife. Oh how wrong they were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Translation: I have been branded a traitor by those I have betrayed, but just as the sun rises in the East and sets in the West I remain as loyal as I have always been. I am still Genevieve Cross, and I am stronger than I have ever been. I am now stronger than my Captain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Plan: The Royal Navy set sail a day later to patrol the seas, and as luck would have it both crews have been caught in a fierce storm that doesn't seem like it is going to let up anytime soon. The ships are close enough that they are aware of the other being there, but not close enough to board one or the other (although why someone would want to try this in a storm I have no idea). Cassius, the High Prince of the Kingdom, is on board the Royal Navy's ship, so they have something else to worry about as well.

Who will survive, and who will fall? The sea is unpredictable, and you never know when you might find yourself working with someone you once called an enemy.

THERE WILL BE A POSTING ORDER:

Characters                                      |||||||||
Genevieve Cross
Elizabeth Alexandria         
Layne Cross
Glen Woodsy
Alistair Eveyt > Littlecolt
Lauren Eveyt
Evanlyn Eveyt
Arenella Eveyt [Adria Shiron]
Cassius Eveyt
Olivia Eveyt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elias Morales > @EliasMorals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scarlet            > Inlustris_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nino Fallain > @Radical-Shadow
Andrew Romero
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Atticus Wilhelm            > @StormFox9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucetta Smyth                    > ErinAilbri
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bradley Shepard                > @Spoozey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emma Dawnson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alex Delmar  > @socialyawkward-squid

Allegiances                                     |||||||||

Royal Navy              >
• Captain  <•>  Genevieve Cross
First Mate <•> Lucetta Smyth
• Quartermaster <•>
• Surgeon <•> Atticus Wilhelm
• Cook <•>
[ • Kitchen Helpers <•>
[• Deck Hands <•> Bradley Shepard
• Cabin Boy <•> Andrew Romero

The Northern Winds              >
• Captain  <•>  Nino Fallain
First Mate <•> Scarlett ULN
• Quartermaster <•> Alex Delmar
• Surgeon <•> Emma Dawnson
• Cook <•>  Elias Morales
[ • Kitchen Helpers <•>
[• Deck Hands <•> Elizabeth Alexandria
• Cabin Boy <•>