Chapter One

Life is full of unexpected surprises and it can either be good or bad for you. There are choices to be made, duties to be done, dreams to reach and prophecies to be fulfilled that may affect the way you see life. One day you are just a normal human being, living well and working on your own and the next thing you know, you have a one-of-a-kind journey to go through that can either be your way to success or door to death. Just remember, a misunderstanding is always the biggest bummer.

"Hush now my son. You will be safe here and these people will take care of you. You shall grow up to be a brave and loving young man. I will be back once I figure out where everything went wrong and until then, you shall be away from danger. I love you, Athirio."

As she gently lied the baby down on the basket who giggled, unaware of his mother's heavy heart, Agatha wiped her tear-stained cheeks and gave the boy a soft kiss on the forehead. This was the only way she knew to keep the boy safe until he was ready to face the enemy he was destined to defeat. She knocked on the door of the St. Adamson Orphanage and left. The door was opened and the two nuns gasped at the sight of the poor baby boy who was left alone. The nun gently took the baby in her arms as her sister read the letter that was attached to the basket.

Please take good care of my son. He is only innocent and not ready to face this cruel world we live in. Kindly let him keep the necklace as it shall serve as his protector while he grows up.

Yours truly,

Mother

"What a lovely boy you are. What should we name him sister?"

"Daniel. We'll name him Daniel"

PRESENT DAY

"Here's your Chocolate Rainbow cake, thank you for coming! Please come again."

The girl smiled as she took her order from the good-looking employee, placing a tip on the counter before she left. The boy on the other side of the counter waved goodbye at the last customer of the morning period. The sweets and desserts bakery named Happy Sprinkles was empty for it was almost twelve noon and nobody really goes to a bakery for lunch. The sun was up and shining in all its glory that it made everyone complain to themselves at the brightness that kept hurting their eyes. It was so hot outside that you could see sweat forming in their bodies and the horrid smell of body odor evaporating back to the sky.

Daniel found himself hungry after his stomach grumbled, making him pout to himself. Smiling, he called out for his boss who was also his roommate and best friend for about 5 years already. He sat at a chair, brushing both of his hands through his sweaty brown hair.

"Mom, I'm hungry! Let's eat!"

On cue, a short Korean man with dyed pink hair came out of the kitchen door and removed his apron off. Noah held two bags of delicious rice and meat that he prepared earlier for them to share. He had a scowl on his cute face while he sat at the chair opposite to Danny so they were facing each other. It has been their routine for years, ever since they decided to start this business together. Having his own bakery has been Noah's dream and he made it his number one priority ever since he left Korea with his rich aunt. It wasn't easy, adapting to a foreign environment and learning English just so you could communicate with others but Noah did his best and eventually, his dream became the reality he always wanted.

"Danny, how many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me mom? I'm a manly man so stop it before I shove a cake in your mouth."

"Oh please Noah, you cook like a mom, speak and act like a mom. You even manage to look so adorable at the age of thirty. And you're only what? Like, 5 feet tall!"