Chapter 55: Let's stay Together

Start from the beginning

"Amber who is that," Oliver's sister asked. I stepped into view. Her eyes grew wide. "Oh my God! Alyssaaa!" She pulled me into a hug. "Hey sis how are you?" I squeezed her back tightly. "I'm good." She stepped back to look at me as the rest of the family gathered around. "You look good girl!"

Oliver's mom stepped up and gave me a hug. "Lyssa I've missed you! How ya been?"

I smiled. "I've been doing good Mrs. J."

"Girl what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Lee invited me."

Mrs. J's eyes lit up. "Say what now? Are y'all---"

I cut her off. "No. We're just friends," I smiled. "We ran into each other the other day and uh---" my eye caught Oliver's, "we've been trying to play catch up ever since."

He grinned at me from afar.

"Aw. Well that's so nice sweetie. Come in," she said ushering me further inside. "Have you eaten yet? We gotta little bit of everything back there in that kitchen. Help yourself." She shoved me towards the dining room and looked back at Oliver. "Ollie would you be a dear and show Alyssa to the kitchen please," she said with a raised brow. He smiled. "Yes mama."

"Thank you," she replied. Mrs. J rounded everyone up and guided them back into the living room so---as she put it---Oliver and I can catch up.

Oliver led the way. He handed me a plate out of the cabinet. "So what are you doing back? I didn't expect to see you for at least a couple of weeks."

"I think you know why," I sighed.

"And I think I'd rather here you say it," he said leaning against the counter.

I put my head down for a moment and then back up again. "Kevin and I had a fight. Um," I shook my head, "he admitted to cheating on me some odd months ago and then he asked me to divorce him."

I don't know why Oliver did it, but he comforted me. He wrapped me in his arms making me feel safe and calm. When he let go of me I looked up at him and searched his face. Without thinking I kissed him long and passionately. After a couple of minutes he slowly pulled away from me. "Wha-what was that about?" I shook my head and opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. "I---I just felt like you deserved it. I don't know." I put my head down and fiddled with my fingers. "You haven't kissed me like that since I asked you to marry me," he said both cheerfully and in shock.

"I'm at a very confusing place in my life. I don't really know what that was. So---"

Oliver pulled me in closely by my waist, his lips suddenly crashing down into mine. There was no way to stop the surge of passion that now ran through my body. I was hot in every way imaginable and I don't know if it was the act of having an affair or the fact that I might actually be in love with Oliver, but I was so turned on that there was no denying the silk that unraveled between my thighs when he touched me. Like two teenage lovers, we whisked away to the basement. He led me down to the floor and peeled every layer of clothing off of me as if I was a Christmas gift he wanted to carefully unwrap. I was surprised at the amount of time he took to please me knowing that his family might be looking for him, might be looking for us. A small part of me wanted to worry, but the girth of him inside of me would not let me, not even for a second. I found myself writhing eagerly under the weight of his body until we came harmoniously together.

Oliver rested his head on my bare chest as it heaved up and down. I stroked his hair. "Wow. That was---" Oliver started. "Amazing," I grinned. We looked over at each other and laughed. Oliver sat up a little and looked around for the time on the wall. "Oh shit," he chuckled, "we gotta get back upstairs. "They probably checkin for us." I leaned over and kissed him. "Yeah. You're probably right." I stood up from the floor and searched around the room for my clothes. I picked up one garment after the other. I looked over at Oliver who was still on the floor watching me. "Man getcho ass up," I joked. "You got people waiting on you." He smiled. "Nah. I'm good from down here love." I grabbed a pillow off of the sofa and threw it at him. "Let's go, lazy!"

After a few minutes he got up and started to get dressed. I sat down and watched him. "Whatchu lookin at, ma," he grinned. "Your fine ass," I said grinning back at him.

"Aight let's go. You ready?"

"Yeah," I said standing up.

I walked up the steps behind Oliver. When we walked into the kitchen Oliver's brothers and Male cousins were standing around in the kitchen. They all turned to look at us. We stopped in our tracks. "Aye! There he is," one of his cousins said walking over to him. "What's up Lee?" He asked him. Oliver dapped him up. "Aye what's up Devon? I ain't know y'all was coming."

"Yeah it was kinda last minute," he replied. He looked over at me. "So uh...where y'all coming from?"

"Aw man. Nowhere. We was just chillin." Oliver pointed to me. "This is my friend Alyssa. We used to be real tight back in the day. We was just catching up."

Devon smiled. "Uh huh." He looked at me. "How you doin Alyssa?"

I laughed. "I'm doing good. How about you?"

"Not as good as you, I'm sure," he grinned. "Uh huh," I said walking away from him. "I'm gonna grab some food. Lee you want anything?"

He looked over at me. "Nah baby I'm good."

"Baby," Amber said walking into the kitchen. "Mm. Where was y'all at?"

"Lil girl go somewhere," Devon replied. "Ain't nobody in here talking to you."

"I wasn't talking to you either," she snapped back.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Oh my god," I mumbled. Devon peeped and smirked. I put some food on a plate and leaned against the counter. I dug in. "Damn. Your grandmama put her foot in this mac and cheese."

"I know right. It's good as fuck." Oliver walked over to me and stood in my space. "Let me get a bite." I leaned my head back and Oliver tried to playfully bite my neck. "Nigga there's a whole pan on the stove and you want to eat off of my plate?"

"Come on let me get some," he said playfully. Amber rolled her eyes at us. "And you expect me to believe nothing is going on between y'all two?"

We ignored her. "Just a lil bite," Oliver pleaded. I gave in. I held out my fork and fed him some. "Satisfied," I grinned. He looked me up and down and licked his lips. "Not yet."

I laughed and tried to down play us. "You are just as much as a flirt now as you were back then. Cut it out. You got Amber over here worried that she doesn't have a chance."

Everybody in the kitchen was in hysterics. "Yo Lee! I like her," Devon laughed. He held out his fist so that we could fist bump. "Finally someone said it," he laughed.

Amber got mad and stormed away to the living room. I sat down on the nearest bar stool. "So what's really the deal with y'all?" Devon asked. All of Oliver's cousins looked at us. I looked away and down at my hands and then back up again. "Well I don't want to say too much, but Oliver and I have a lot of history between us, like more history than most people our age has. And as a result it seems to me that we can't stay away from each other for too long. It's like we have some sort of tether that keeps pulling us back together, ya know?"

"Yeah," Devon said nodding his head, "I know." He looked between us. "I like you two together. I hope y'all can find a way to stay together this time."

I nodded my head and perked up. "Yeah. Maybe we will," I grabbed Oliver's hand, "stay together."
...