EPIGRAPH/PROLOGUE

CAST

Candice King as the present Lux Swan

AnnaSophia Robb as teen Lux Swan

Young Elle Fanning as child Lux Swan

PROLOGUE

A sixteen-year-old Lux Swan walked around a semi-crowded park. It was dark outside and the street lamps lit the walkways in the park. There were still people walking around and looking at the scenery. It was cold out and Lux hugged her thin jacket tighter around her body. You couldn't see any stars or the moon out because of all of the smoke which disappointed Lux. She loved to look up at the stars and get lost in them.

She and her older sister, Emma, had gotten into a fight and she had stormed out. The argument continued to play out over and over again in her head. Lux went out to have fun and she had lost track of time. By the time she had gotten back, it was really late and Emma was mad. Some words were said and Lux stormed out then walked to this park to get her mind off everything. So far, it wasn't working like she was hoping to.

Lux felt more and more guilty for storming out on her sister now as time passed. She had probably been away for thirty minutes and Emma was most likely worried sick by now. Lux and Emma were always very close and it was always terrible when they got into a fight. After a few minutes of ignoring each other, they would almost immediately make up. But this was different. Lux had never stormed out on her sister so she had no idea what to do now.

The blonde was brought out of her thoughts by a strange sound. She looked around the park but saw nothing. Lux shrugged it off and looked in front of her. She was greeted by a very weird sight. A blue telephone box stood on the other side of the park which confused the girl. Was that box there before? It was probably just her mind playing tricks on her... maybe it was there the whole time. She must've been really zoned out. Lux sighed and tried to figure out what to do next with her sister.

Suddenly, something, or someone, caught Lux's eye. A man with floppy brown hair, a tweed jacket, and a bow tie. He sat on a park bench and looked sad. Lux didn't know why, but she had felt the need to go over to him and ask what was wrong. So that's what she did. She walked straight over to the park bench and sat down beside the man. The man looked at her curiously and Lux took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" The golden-haired girl asked.

The man seemed confused, "What do you mean?"

Lux turned her head to look at the man, "You seem... sad. What happened?"

"Nothing." The man replied simply.

Lux sighed, "If you say so." She turned herself to look forward. It was completely silent between them and Lux started to think about the argument again. She sighed, why can't she just stop thinking about it?

The man gazed over at her when she sighed, "Are you okay..."

"Lux. My name's Lux Swan." Lux said smiling slightly at the man. The man had a look of surprise on his face, but it faded away into a concerned one. Why did he look surprised when she said her name?

"I'm the Doctor." The Doctor told her.

Lux furrowed her brows, "Just the Doctor?"

The Doctor nodded, "So... are you okay, Lux?"

Lux hesitated before saying, "I'm not exactly sure. My sister and I got into this big fight then I stormed out on her. While we were fighting, I felt so angry, but now I just feel guilty... I don't know what to do now."

The Doctor thought before saying, "I think that you should go back," Lux glanced over at him. "You should go back and talk to her. Work things out between the two of you. Family is everything and it is not good to lose it. If you do then you will be lost without it."

"I think you're right," Lux stood up from the bench. "I'm going to exactly that. Thank you." The Doctor nodded at her and she said goodbye to him. Then she walked all the way home and did exactly as he said. Everything was back to normal in the morning.