The start (chapter one)

I can't believe this,I thought. I just got asked out by the hottest jock ever. Mark Caler. The school's hottest "dude".

But I just smell something fishy about this. Oh well.

"Mom," I say, bursting into the house. "Mommommommommommommom! Where arrrrrrrrrrrre you? I havehavehave to tell you something!"

"Well," she said, popping her head out of her study. "Can you tell me without breaking my eardrums?" She's looking at as if I'm crazy. Yah........

"I got asked out," I say. "Not by anyone though. Oh no, mom. Not any one, but my crush ever since fifth grade! Mark Caler! Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg! Mom, I'm sooooooooo happy, haphaphappy!"

"Oh," Mom said. "And have I told you that you can go out with him?" I look at her with pleading eyes. She just has to let me go out with him. She's the one that's always pushing me to try to find a boyfriend. Mom must have seen my panicked look, because she laughed and said,"don't worry, you can go out with him." I smile and run to my room. I take my phone out of my back pocket and dial my best friends phone number.

"I get to go out with Mark!" I scream when she picks up her phone. Or, at least I thought it was her.

"Sarah is heading over to your house," said her twin brother, Thomas. I call him tommy. "She left her phone here."

"Oh," I say. I think I made him jealous and mad. See he has had the biggest crush on me ever since third grade. Or at least according to Sarah. And, Mark is his arch enemy. Oops..... "Well, I get off the phone...." I click the home button. Well, that was awkward.

Just then the door bell ring. I practically fly down the steps, through the living room, and to the door. I fling it open and see Sarah standing there with a big smile on her face. Before she can get a word out I start talking.

"Somymomtoldmethaticouldgooutwithhim," I gasp for a breath. "Butshescaredmefirst.ithoughtthatshewould'ntletmegooutwithhim!"

She looks at me like my mom did. She thought I was crazy too. Oh, well.....

"So," she says. "Are you going to call him?" We rush upstairs and run right into my older brother, Carl.

"Hey, Meg's," he says, looking at me with the 'she's crazy' look. Does everyone think I'm crazy? "Can you do me a favor and never do that again.?" As we go around him, I see him rubbing his forehead. Hehehe.... "Oh, have you seen Mika since breakfast? Mom's worried bout her." I shake my head and slam the door in his face.

When I turn around, Sarah is holding my phone, dialing Mark's number.

"Hey," I hear the voice on the other end. It's on speaker. " so, your mom say yah?"

"Yah," I say trying to keep my cool. I look at Sarah, who's trying to surprises her laughter.

"Well, wanna meet up somewhere?" He asks. I freeze. I have to do home work.....

"How about tomorrow. I'm kinda busy today." He agrees and hangs up. I shriek.

"I've got a date," I sing jumping up and start dancing. Sarah runs downstairs, and a few minutes she comes back with her arms filled with snacks.

"This calls for a food celebration study," she says, dumping the food on my bed. We oped a soda and a bag of chips each, and grab our text books.