"Okay. I will."

"You better," I said just before turning to walk away from him. "Wait. What's the rush," he said pulling me back in. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "There's no rush," I grinned. Oliver leaned down and kissed me slowly. "We got at least an hour before they get here," Oliver said in between kisses. I grinned and gently tugged on his bottom lip. "So. What do you propose we do about that?" I whispered in his ear. Oliver slid his hands in between my legs. I felt him stiffen against me, his soft moans brushing past my ear. I responded by grabbing his hand and leading him out of the living room and up the steps.

We stumbled clumsily into the bedroom forgetting to shut the door behind us. We were hungry for each other, but even moreso I suppose, for all the time that distanced us; in this moment we held each other a little tighter, kissed each other a little longer; each movement felt like a step towards loving in the right direction, felt like a step away from Kevin. I pulled away from Oliver.

"What's wrong," he questioned.

"I can't do this---I just keep thinking about Kevin and how wrong this is." I sat up. Oliver did too. I looked over at him. "I'm sorry." Oliver looked frustrated. I tried to grab his hand, but he pulled it away. I stood up and picked my clothes up off the floor. "Okay. I guess I'll leave." I slid one leg inside of my pants and then the other. I shimmied them up my thighs and over my hips. I looked back at Oliver. "You're seriously not going to say anything?" I huffed. "Fine. I'll leave." I walked over to the door and walked out.

"This isn't easy for me," Oliver said from the bed. I turned around and walked back into the bedroom. "What did you say?"

"This isn't easy for me; seeing you married and talking about your husband. That shit hurts. It was supposed to be me and you. I want to be with you and not have to compete with another guy for your attention. If I'm being honest I feel like I shouldn't have to and I know this is going to sound childish, but we were together first." For whatever reason I sympathized with Oliver. I walked back over to him and put my things down. My desire for him still lingering in the room. I put both legs on either side of him and sat down in his lap. I looked down at him and wrapped my arms around his neck. Oliver did not object. I kissed him softly before saying the long awaited words. "I love you. I always have."

Oliver smiled and gently laid me back onto the bed. He leaned over me. "I love you too." Before I could think twice about what was happening he had already begun to pull me out of my clothes. His body hovered over mine. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close to me; all of his want pressing into me. He was heavy and warm and safe. He was a different kind of home. The one you never planned on returning to, but afterwards were glad you did. His hands stroked every memory of us from my skin and made a mantle out of me. Our bodies melted into each other. I felt heavenly.

When we finished I rolled over onto my stomach. Oliver's fingers trailed down my back. I grinned. "I didn't know I needed this. Thank you." Oliver kissed my back. "The pleasure was all mine." He pulled me close to him and held me for a little while. "This is nice," I said rubbing his arm. "I wish we could just stay like this," I sighed. Oliver shifted in the bed. "What time is it? Is my phone by you?" I looked over at the night stand. "Nah. You didn't have it with you. It's probably downstairs." No sooner than Oliver had gotten out of the bed to go downstairs the doorbell rung.

He turned to me. "Oh shit. They're here already?"

I sat up quickly. "Fuck. We gotta hurry up and get dressed. Shit!"

I rushed out of bed and quickly grabbed my clothes off of the floor. Oliver hurriedly got dressed. The doorbell rung again. We rushed out of the room and down the steps. Somebody was trynna peek into the window beside the door.

Oliver looked. "Ayo. Who the fuck is that?" It didn't look like a family member. "Uh. While you check that out I'll be in the kitchen," I said walking backwards and away from the front door. Oliver opened the door. Kevin came barging in. "Where is my wife, nigga?!" He pushed past Oliver. "I know she's in here!" Oliver took a step back. "Aye man. She's not here alright." Kevin ignored him. "Alyssa! Where you at? Alyssa!" He ran up the steps opening and closing doors. He continued to yell my name. He rushed back downstairs checking the living room, dining room, and kitchen. I had managed to sneak in the basement and out the back door. I walked around the large backyard to peek at the front entrance. Darius and Evan were waiting by Kevin's car. I got low and waited for Kevin to come outside. After five minutes he showed up. He said something to them before getting in the car. I ducked back around to the backyard and headed for the basement entrance.

When I got back inside I could hear Oliver calling out to me. "Alyssa!"

"Down here," I yelled back. A few seconds later I heard the door open and him jogging down the steps. "Hey," he said when he saw me. "Are you okay?" I walked over to him. "I was gonna ask you the same thing."

"I'm fine," he reassured me.

"Okay," I smiled.

Oliver grabbed ahold of my hand. "Let's head back upstairs," he said trying to pull me along gently.

I didn't budge. Oliver looked back at me. "What's wrong?"

I was hesitant. "I think. I'm gonna go home." Oliver looked sad. I continued. "He's hurting because of me. The least I could do is take my ass home."

"Is that really a good idea? He probably needs some time alone."

I looked at Oliver. "I'm going home." I walked away and went upstairs to grab the rest of my things. I told Oliver I was leaving and as soon as I opened the door I was staring Amber right in her face. I sucked my teeth. Amber smirked. "What a surprise seeing you here." I tried to ignore her and push past her. She stepped in front of me. "Let me guess. Kevin found out that Oliver stays here? I wonder who could have told him." She moved away from me and stepped half way inside. She turned back to look at me. "I hope the sex was worth it, because that'll be the last time you get any." She walked inside and called out to Oliver. "Ollie! Alyssa let me in. I hope that's okay," she said as she shut the door behind her. I rolled my eyes and headed down the walkway. I walked off of his property and down the street to where I secretly parked my car. There was no way I could face Kevin now, but I was gonna try.
...

Worth Itजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें