A given if I decide on to continue this game or not, the very moment that I find a mango and use it to fully be my ticket out of here; and vow to myself to never ever touch this game again.

I will say that for a common game, I am already past the introductions and guides. I am past the so-called tutorials and first minor challenges. I've finally reached the point right now where there is no turning back. The part where there is no hint without cost will be given as chance; this point where I am to succeed with my first mission.

"Pagdating natin ng Manatal," Isidro told me on our way to the so-called town out of the vicinity of the Kakarong de Sili's established republic. "Doon ang una mong misyon."

"Hmm..." I looked down on the bandages and the medical kit I was holding on. "At kailangan ko ang mga ito."

"Tama. Kailangan mo ang mga iyan upang linisin ang sugat ni Goyo," he remarked with a small smile. "Panigurado na may nakapagsabi na sa kanya, pero hindi niya iniinda iyon. Oo, hindi din kasing lala ng mga susunod pa, pero... daplis pa rin iyon ng bala. Sa kasaysayan, kung hindi iyon naging daplis, hindi makikilala si Goyo bilang kung sino siya ngayon sa panahong kinabibilangan mo, binibini."

Kung namatay siya at that time, walang Gregorio del Pilar o Tirad Pass sa history class ko, I think as I sigh heavily and trail the short steps in reaching where the soon-to-be Boy General is along with Isidro and the same tall man from earlier. The three of them are talking in hush voices after ordering the rest of us to put up camp here and rest. I had already sought Soledad's permission to leave my so-called medical post to originally do what she and Isidro asked me to do. And it is strange to find out that no one is yet to offer Gregorio del Pilar a remedy for that wound of his.

Perhaps that's the code of the game. For it to be the player's duty to do so.

And if he had died earlier on at this part of history, I will not be playing a game such as this that revolves around his life until Tirad Pass.

The fire is crackling from each and everyone's made campfire. But it is also an indication for the sound of the night as well to cover the hush whispers that the men are currently having. And all I can make up as I almost stagger heading to where they are is their disappointment, guilt, regret, sorrow and worry over something... or someone.

Isidro is the first one to notice me. He is about to speak up when I am a few feet away from them, and I freeze upon feeling that he isn't actually the first one to realize my presence drawing closer to them. The first one to actually notice me is none other than but Gregorio del Pilar himself.

I will say that he is incredibly youthful. He has the sense of greatness in him, and a handsome face, despite the dirt and blood, and if he'll remove that smug from his face. I can see the accusation and question on his eyes, visible on his heavy frown. The strain of the battle's aftermath is so visible in him that gives me the urge to stop in my tracks and accept that his reaction is only a given that he was surely troubled by this first battle of his.

Isidro clears his throat and smiles a little-forlorn and exhausted. "Siya nga pala, Goyo, si (Y/N). Isa sa mga bagong kasapi ng Krus Roja."

"Krus Roja?" Goyo inquires. The fucking Gregorio del Pilar asks me with a raised eyebrow at Isidro first before turning to look at me with scrutinizing eyes. "Ikaw... may kakaiba sa iyo."

I start to panic. Is it some glitch in the game that he realizes I am not part of this world at all? And the way he looks at me feels like he has no intention for me to be here; perhaps because I caught them at such a wrong timing. They've been talking before I even decided to head to them.

The tall man next to him, however, smiles at me as genuinely as possible. He immediately draws closer, standing right in front of me, and offers both of his hands for a shake. I offer my freehand after holding on to the bandages and other medical instruments with my other hand. He holds my hand with his hands for a firm shake, and looking at me, he says, "Pasensya na, binibini, sa dumi. Ako nga pala si Julian del Pilar, nakatatandang kapatid nitong si Goyo. Pagpasensyahan mo na din siya, pero alam ko na ikinagagalak ka niya din makilala."

I don't know what to say to him, causing me to just nod and smile. After all... May kapatid nga ba si del Pilar? Kung mayroon man, dapat na ata akong makinig sa history class ko.

"Kung pagbibigyan mo ako, maari mo bang tignan ang sugat nitong si Goyo?" Julian del Pilar questions.

"Kuya-" Goyo is about to say something more, but he stops right away after his brother turns to him for a second.

"Goyo," Isidro starts, "Kami na nila Kuya Juan mo ang bahala."

His hand closes around Isidro's arm tightly as if to stop him. "Isidro..." Some melancholy on his eyes flash for a second and the three men seem to cross some sort of agreement.

"Naiintindihan ko, Goyo," Isidro assures with a gentle tap on Goyo's shoulder and the latter finally drops his hold of Isidro's arm. Only now did I notice that Isidro's arm that tapped Goyo's shoulder is already bandaged, though rather crooked as if it had been done in a rush or by himself.

"Magpahinga ka na muna, Goyo." Julian gently reaches out to brush away the few strands of hair that sticked on his younger brother's forehead. A few strands' ends were not only stained oily with dirt, but as well as of dried blood. "Kami na ang bahala."

"Kuya..." Goyo sounds like he is about to argue more, but his exhaustion is highly visible now. Or perhaps it had only been apparent for just a few seconds, but far too long for me to witness.

Julian turns to me again. "Binibini, ikaw na ang bahala kay Goyong, ha?"

T-Teka... Ano daw?!

"(Y/N), maiwan na muna namin kayong dalawa," Isidro adds. "Goyo, magpahinga ka pagkatapos." Before finally leaving me, he draws closer and whispers, "Kung magiging matagumpay ka dito sa una mong misyon... ito ang magiging basehan kung magiging madali o mahirap ba ang mga susunod. Galingan mo, (Y/N)."

With those parting words, he and Julian del Pilar head on somewhere to the middle of the camp, leaving me alone with Gregorio del Pilar, who, when I turn to him, is looking at me as if he is wishing that I am never here at all.

* * *

A/N: Follow me on twitter @23meraki for more updates. ;)

#GoyoDeadReckoning || #GoyoAngBatangHeneralStories || #ProjectAguilaStories