Chapter 10: Hooked and Having

Start from the beginning

"Wow." He breathed. "For the first time I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful." Quinn blushed harder as she signed. "Thanks you look handsome." He smiled before signing back and extending his arm. "Are you ready to go?" She nodded and waved goodbye to Ruby before allowing Gil to escort her out. In her mind, she knew tonight would be a night to remember.
🌟
       Uma stared in awe as Harry lead her into the ballroom of Ben's castle. The room was de decorated like the inside of Elsa's ice castle, complete with crystal chandelier and snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. "It's definately not an Isle party huh?" Uma shook her head as Harry lead her father into the room. "Shall we dance?" He asked as a slow song came on. She blushed and nodded. "We shall."
🌟
         Quinn hid behind Gil as he lead her into the ballroom. He turned around to face her. "What's wrong?" She looked around nervously before signing back. "I'm scared. This is my first dance." Gil smiled. "It's my first too. Don't be scared, I'm right here." He took her hand in his and kissed it tenderly. "May I have this dance?" He asked. Quinn nodded and allowed Gil to pull her to the dance floor.

       Gil wrapped her arms around his neck before placing his hands on her hips. Quinn blushed as he lead her across the dance floor swaying gently. She was tense at first but the more they danced, the more she relaxed. Quinn placed her head on his shoulder and closed the gap between them. He smiled and rested his head on hers and it only grew when he saw Harry and Uma dancing nearby.

        They looked just like they did the night she returned to the Lost Revenge. He had left after Harry gave him a deadly glare but curiosity had brought him back and he had watched them dance from the plank leading down to the docks. Harry swayed Uma gently as he lead her across the floor. Her head was on his shoulder and her arms were gently laced around his neck. They were two puzzle pieces that went together perfectly, turning two puzzles into one. Gil was happy his friends were together.
🌟
        After dancing for two hours Gil and Quinn sat down at a nearby table exhausted. She leaned against his chest as he looked around the room. Carlos was dancing with Jane, Jay and Lonnie were having a dance off, Mal and Ben were talking to Dizzy, Evie, and Doug, Allie appeared to be irritating Jordyn, and Freddie and Celia appeared to be trying not to laugh at Jordyn's expense. He opened his mouth to ask Quinn if she wanted a drink when a familiar voice cut him off. "Hey mate. Good to see ye."

         Gil grinned as Harry pulled out a chair and helped Uma sit down. "Hey guys, it's good to see you. How's the baby Uma?" She groaned as she rested her head on the table. "Growing and partying along with us. Little Hook has been kicking up a storm." Gil chuckled as Quinn looked curiously at her stomach. She met Uma's gaze before gesturing at her stomach. Uma furrowed her brow in confusion. "What?" Quinn sighed before turning to Gil and signing. "She wants to know if she can feel the baby kick." He translated. Uma shrugged her shoulders. "Go for it. Everybody just does it anyway."

        Quinn placed a hand on Uma's stomach. Thump. Her face lit up as the baby kicked again. Thump. Gil chuckled. "Pretty cool huh?" She nodded before signing. "Quinn says thank you Uma." Gil told her. She nodded. "No problem." Harry placed a kiss on Uma's cheek. "I'm going to get some punch. I'll be right back." She nodded as Harry disappeared into the crowd. "So how are things between you two?" Gil smiled as he laced his fingers with Quinn's. "We're great. We've been spending time together and getting to know eachother." Quinn nodded in agreement and blushed as she laid her head against his shoulder.

        "That's good to hear." Uma said. She was happy Gil had finally found someone. Despite being from the Isle, he was a sweet guy and Quinn brought out the best in him. She was about to ask if they were officially dating when the lights in the room dimmed and Jay's voice came over the speakers. "Ladies and gentleman we have a special performance tonight! Give it up for Harry Hook!" Uma was shocked as the lights came on and Harry stood on stage with a microphone. He gave her a wink before the music started and he began to sing.
It was a Friday night
No cover but the cover band was sounding right
And there you were
Just flirty dancing
By the neon sign
To "Fishin' In The Dark"
You were reeling in my heart
Now look at where we are