“What?” Ariel frowned in return.

The girl rolled her eyes, giving her a pointed look. “Master Hades appointed me to serve you, but you do not like me helping you. It is my job to do these kinds of things, why don’t you let me?”

“Because,” Ariel whined, feeling her cheeks heating up once more, “I don’t feel comfortable with you doing things that I can do for myself. It’s just weird…I’ve never had a butler or anything; I didn’t need one and now that you want to do these things for me…it’s just strange.”

Adrianne sighed, standing up and said, “Very well, do as you wish. I will be outside if you need anything, yes?”

“Thanks!” Ariel nodded, closing her as she slid deeper into the bathtub, until the water covered up to her nose.

She splashed her hands on the water, letting out a girly giggle and then began to slowly wash herself, loving the smoothness of her skin. She was careful not to touch the petals, but was surprised to find that they didn’t turn to dust in her hands and watched as they stuck to her skin.

The bathroom was simple but beautiful. It had a sink with a huge oval mirror over it and next to it was a dark cabinet with about a hundred perfumes and liquid soaps for her to use. There was a small toilet near the tub with a cute red covering over the lid.

Ariel let out another content sigh, loving how her morning had begun. She wondered if every day would be like that because she could so get used to eating the exquisite fruits for breakfast and even lunch and dinner; they were that delicious.

She sat forward; squeezing what looked to be some type of lemon scented shampoo and began to scrub her scalp gently. She closed her eyes, letting her lips part in pleasure as her fingernails scratched all the right places on her head and she grabbed a nearby bucket with water to wash away the soap.

She didn’t know if the water was for that but it smelled and looked clean enough to be used for her needs. After adding conditioner to her soaked her and washing it off, Ariel looked around for her towel and forced herself out of the bathtub before her skin became wrinkly.

The girl carefully stepped out of the water, making sure not to slip and crack her head open and wrapped the white towel around herself tightly.

“Adrianne, what can I-” Her eyes widened as she noticed that Adrianne wasn’t in her room, but she did have another visitor, “what are you doing here?!”

Hades rolled his eyes, forcing his eyes away from her inviting skin and snapped, “It’s my castle; I can be wherever I want.”

She scowled at him, panicking as she couldn’t find her clothes. “Haven’t you ever heard of privacy or are you too high and mighty for that too? You need to knock on people’s doors before barging in like a psycho pervert!”

He chuckled, admiring the way her slightly wet cheeks began to turn pink and her long damp black hair stuck to her face. “I could be a pervert it you wish.”

She glared at him, tightening her hold on the towel until her knuckles turned deathly white and seethed, “What the hell do you want?!”

The humour vanished from his alluring blue eyes, turning into anger as he clenched his jaw and growled, “Do not speak to me that way!” Ariel simply rolled her eyes, but shut her lips, “I came to tell you that you have to get ready for tonight.”

“What’s tonight?”

He narrowed his eyes at her, running his fingers through his smooth black hair. “If you impatient human had let me finished, you would have known.” She breathed out loudly, making him grit his teeth in annoyance and said, “The Gods are throwing a celebration tonight. Something about not being in harm’s way anymore or whatever; you have to go because you are the guest of honour.”