She nodded her head quickly, gorging down the exquisite fruits in the plate before her. “Please?” Red strawberry juices slid down her jaw and she wiped them away with the back of her hand as she stabbed the next fruit with her fork and moaned at the glorious taste.

Ariel always loved to have fruits for breakfast, they were usually accompanied with a bowl of oatmeal, but she wasn’t going to complain. Besides the fruits were literally the best she had ever had. They tasted completely fresh and mouth-watering.

“Done,” Adrianne walked back, smiling as she looked at Ariel eating the last piece of mandarin orange. “Did you like your breakfast?”

“Yes,” Ariel licked her lips, “those fruits were delicious!”

Adrianne chuckled, placing the silver lid back on the plate and said, “I shall tell the chef that you loved his fruits. He has a fruit garden and he’s obsessed with them. I think he’ll be very happy once I tell him that you liked them.”

“Thanks, Adrianne,” Ariel stretched her arms over her head and let out a yawn, “I’m going to take a shower now.”

As she began to make her way to the bathroom, Adrianne followed suit, making Ariel frown in confusion. The smiling maid quickly widened her eyes, as she realized that her ‘master’ wasn’t content.

“Is something the matter, milady?”

Ariel blushed, shaking her head and scratched her neck awkwardly. “It’s just that…you’re following me into the bathroom.”

“Oh,” Adrianne lowered her brown eyes in embarrassment, “I did not mean to make you uncomfortable, miss. It is just that in my time, we helped our ladies into the shower and washed their hair and such.”

She raised her eyebrows as she walked in the bathroom and said, “And when was this time?!”

“Fifteen hundreds,” she grinned, “I assisted many Duchesses before a pirate came and took my life.”

Ariel gave her a sorrowed look. “That kind of sucks…”

Adrianne laughed, shaking her head and said, “Oh not at all! Master Hades is one of the best Master’s I’ve ever had. He really is nice and quite understanding.”

She snorted, shaking her head as she let Adrianne zip down her dress. The girl turned around, letting her step out of her close in some privacy and she quickly stepped into the white bathtub. “The God of the Underworld is anything but nice! I don’t know if we’re talking about the same guy here but the one I met yesterday had something up his arse.”

Adrianne giggled, folding the black dress and placed it on the countertop as she began looking for liquid soaps and rose petals to pour into the water. Ariel leaned back, closing her eyes as she wallowed in on the refreshing water and felt her muscles slowly relaxing.

After finding the rose petals, Adrianne began to pour them over the water, startling Ariel as she felt a featherlike touch against her cheek. The girl mumbled out an apology to which Ariel grinned in return and went back to enjoying herself.

All of the showers she had ever taken were standing up, so for her to be sitting down, with her legs hidden underwater, felt amazing. Not only did she feel pampered, but she actually felt wealthy. Something that even though she had been, she didn’t feel.

Ariel raised her leg out of the water, watching droplets travelling down her calves and wiggled her red-painted toe nails in the air.

“Do you wish for me to wash your hair, Ariel?”

She shook her head, grinning up at Adrianne and said, “No thank you, I think I can handle that myself.”

“Humph,” Adrianne frowned, crossing her arms over her chest as she pouted like a small child.