Teddy Bear

Yo! So... I needed to free up some memory space, so in order to do that, I snooped on my laptop to delete some files AND IT WAS TORTURE!!!!! Then I happened to stumble on this! It's my oneshot Aone x Reader fanfiction that I made years ago. (Gosh, this line makes me feel so old...)

So... Ah... Here it is!
^_^

--------------------

Another usual day has come for the second year middle blocker of Date Tech. Heading out to go to school... Taking the same train ride... He was sitting all alone once again despite seeing the familiar faces around him.

"Gosh, I'm actually early! Way too early!" he suddenly heard as another passenger went on board.

He looked at her unfamiliar face. Studying... Trying to determine whether she was new around here or maybe she already lived here for as long as he has but he wasn't able to see her since they board on different trains. Afterall, she did mentioned that she was early.

Before he even knew it, their eyes met. He was caught staring at her red handedly. Due to embarrassment, he immediately averted his eyes and he just heard a soft chuckle.

"Mind if I sit here?" he heard her asked, slowly turning his head to check if the question was actually directed to him. To his surprise, she really was asking him and she was waiting for his reply with a bright smile on her face.

The middle blocker shook his head and the girl happily exclaimed, "Great!" as she sat down beside him.

Just as she finally got settled on her seat, the train closes its doors and it started its journey to the next station.

He was just silently sitting on the train when he suddenly heard her gasp, making him look at the girl beside him.

"Same uniform! So, you go to Dateko, too!" she said and he just nodded. "I'm l/n f/n, by the way."

"Aone Takanobu," he simply stated his name.

"Aone-kun, right? Or -san, maybe? Senpai? I dunno. Today's my first day as a transferee and I forgot which class I'm supposed to be in... But I can assure you, I'm a second year!"

The middle blocker was silent for a second. "Second year, Class A," he told her and her eyes sparkled.

"Woah! So, we're at the same age! Then, I'll call you 'Aone-kun', okay?" she asked and he nodded. "Wow, I actually thought you're a third year! I mean, you look so mature compared to an airhead like me!" she said and laughed.

Aone thought that this girl was strange. How can someone forgot which class was she supposed to be in? How can someone say that she's an airhead herself? How can someone be so lively and open to a person whom she just met?

Finally reaching the station where the both of them will get off, l/n told him that she'll be heading first and merrily ran as she left him behind.

Days have passed and the middle blocker kept on meeting l/n like this. She'd greet him with a big bright smile and sit right beside him without any complains. She'd talk about anything and everything to him and when they arrive at their stop, she'd always get off first before him.

There were even times when l/n would call out to him and would happily wave her arms like a little kid whenever she'll see him at school.

"Heehhh..." Futakuchi Kenji would tease his fellow club member. "You should wave back to your fated one, Aone-kun."

"She's not my fated one," he'd reply to the current captain as he was about to wave back but decided to just create an eye contact with l/n and give her a nod to acknowledge her actions.