prologue

"Hey!"

the hooded figure whipped around and saw an angry store owner. she tucked the stolen item in her purse, and ran for her life. the girl heard the sound of multiple footsteps coming from behind her. she saw her escape down an alleyway, so she turned sharply, jumping to grab hold of a pipe, and swinging to the ledge on one the building

finessed the situation🤧

the men ran down the alleyway, stopping when they saw no trace of anyone. she looked down at the floor and noticed one of the men dropped a bank card. perfect. #theft, anyways. she waited until they had left the area, cursing about the stolen item. the girl took her chance, jumping down and swiping the bank card off the floor. she pulled her hood off her head, and stuffed the hoodie in her bag. she peeked around the corner, seeing the men busy talking to the local security. she casually slipped out of the alleyway into the crowd.

"mackenzie?! honey, please come home!" the sound of her worried parents echoed through the empty room. kenzie paused the voicemail, and sighed. she couldn't turn back now. she walked out of the building and to her car, which she had payed for with the one mans credit card. boy, he'd be in for a shock. she saw somebody had left their purse on the roof of their car, so she swiped the expensive purse and slipped into the car.

🦍🦍🦍!!swiper no swiping!!🦍🦍🦍

she was in to deep now. there was no way she could go home. if she had turned herself in, who knows what could happen. so, she put the key in the ignition, and turned the key. the car soon came to life, blasting a Weezer song through the speakers. she turned the volume down, frightened by the loud noise. slowly she pulled out of the parking spot. before she finally left the parking garage. she saw a woman yelling about her purse. if only she knew.

mackenzie decided. she wasn't going to get caught.
and she was going to make sure of that.

A/N; wow all my books start with somebody running, what's new?