chapter 1: injured

You huffed, flying as fast as your wounded wings would carry you.

Yes, wings.

You were currently fleeing from O'Khasis. The place was being intruded, and there was chaos everywhere. Being the person you were, you tried to stop them. But you were too reckless. One of the men slashed at one of your outstretched wings, and you fled. Your injured wing pounded with pain, but you pushed on. You had found yourself in the cursed forest, and a small clearing came into view. But, you failed to notice the people there. You landed clumsily, panting and gasping for air.

You were a half human, half cat-angel creature. You were cursed with wings, ears, and a tail, and somehow had the power of light.

You cringed, holding up your injured wing up to inspect it. It was blood stained, and the slash was deep. You sighed, letting it droop limply at your side. You slowly began conjuring up a ball of light, but stopped instantly when you heard a rustle nearby. You jumped up and took a fighting stance.

"Who's there?!" You shouted, your ears turning back.

You could hear some whispering voices, and could make out some short sentences.

"Should we trust her?" ? said.

"She's hurt, she won't be much of a threat." ? replied.

You glared at the shadows, and hissed, " .You."

More whispering.

"Ooh. She's fierce." ? chuckled.

"Seriously?" ? groaned.

"Ok, whatever." ? said,

You tensed when five people slowly walked out of the shadows. Your eyes widened as you saw three people with ears and tails.

"You….have ears, and tails…." You managed to whisper.

One of the girls, the brown haired one, inched closer. "Yes, we do. And so do you. I'm Aphmau. This is Katelyn, Laurance, Travis, and Aaron."

You eyed everyone cautiously, your fighting stance long left behind. "Why are you here?"

Aphmau sighed. "We were running. O"khasis was invaded, and-"

"I know." You answered solemnly. "I tried to hold them off."

Aphmau gasped. "Are you insane? There were so many!"

You chuckled. "I know. But I was trying to let others get away. I wanted to protect as many as I could. I vowed to."

Aphmau nodded. "I understand. But...who did you vow to?"

"..." Your heart hurt from talking about this subject. "I...made it to myself. I...killed...them….All of them…."

You started to break down, your eyes widening in tears at the flashbacks. You crumpled to your knees, sobbing uncontrollably. Aaron stared at you in silence, thinking about what you said. He knew how you felt. EXACTLY how you felt. He slowly walked over to you and embraced you, resting his chin on your head. You sobbed into his chest, flashbacks haunting your mind. You killed them. It was all your fault.

~Flashback~

You looked at the demon in front of you, hands trembling. All of your friends were trapped in black ropes behind you, and he had made a deal with you.

"You have to take my ears, tail, and wings, and I'll give you back your friends. But if you don't, they will DIE."

You answered after a moment of hesitation, heart pounding loudly. "I'll take your ears, tail, and wings. Give me back your friends."

The demon smiled, its fangs shining. "As you wish."

A blinding light shone in front of you, and you covered your eyes. Suddenly, you felt your body change, and the light vanished. You had black ears and a tail, and white angel wings. You looked in anticipation at your friends, but was met with nothing like what you had hoped for. Everyone….was DEAD.

"WHAT?!" You screamed, and whipped your head towards the grinning demon.

"I never said I'd return them ALIVE….hehe...hehe...HAHAHAHA!" He laughed maniacally as he vanished into thin air.

"No….." You shook in fear and anger, looking at your friends' bodies. "I'm so...sorry…."

~End of Flashback~