five

Felix did not want to open his eyes.

He was laying in a bed with a soft blanket wrapped around him, and he was curled into a tight ball. He was warm. He was comfortable. He was content.

But the moment he woke up, his brain latched onto the nearest thought and took off running. Lucky Felix, it had been about the stranger, Changbin, and then school. He really did not want to fail his finals, but what even was this situation?

He peeled his eyes open with a groan. He wasn't going to get anywhere trying to sleep in, and besides, there was a bunch of daylight streaming in through the window. It had to have been at least noon.

Felix ignored the fact that he had missed a class as stretched, reaching his arms far above his head. His back popped in a few different places and a yawn escaped his lips.

The room he had slept in was extremely simplistic. The apartment was incredibly small, but there were two bedrooms. This one had a twin size bed in it, with a desk and a tiny closet.  The closet was almost vacant and there was a single, solitary notebook on the desk, which Felix had flipped through the night prior. It was empty.

There was no evidence of anyone ever occupying this room.

Felix found it odd, but he stood anyway, the carpet soft under his feet. He was wearing some old pajama pants from Jisung, but he hadn't been given a shirt so he was currently shirtless.

Felix didn't mind it. It was just a smidge chilly.

He hoped Changbin was awake, that he was alive and breathing and okay. Felix didn't know how he had managed to sleep with the worry that had been gnawing at him, but pure exhaustion had taken over.

He left the room, carefully walking through the hallway. He could hear a voice, only one, and it was hushed as if they were afraid to speak too loudly, but it still had enough volume to carry to Felix's ears. Felix, contrary to what he believed he should do, didn't make his presence known. He knew that if he took just two more steps he would be able to see them, but they would also be able to see him.

Felix didn't actually know if they would hide anything from him, especially if he asked, but he did not want to take any chances of being left out of the loop. He was way out of his element here considering the rather pure life he had lived prior to this mess, and he did not want to do anything while being uninformed. He was positive he could be naive due to his inexperience and he was not about to let them capitalize on that.

"I don't understand why you let this happen." It was Jisung. Felix could hear the exhaustion and strain on his voice. "You could have and should have just left him. The police would've handled it. Now, you two have to leave the city because you're both wanted for murder."

Oh.

Felix's stomach fell through the floor. What about finals? What about the future he was working so hard to change? He wanted to do better than his father so he could better provide for any kids, or even himself.

"That is, considering you get caught. Which, no offense Changbin, with dumbo in there, I'm pretty sure you will."

Felix pursed his lips. That was rude.

"I—"

"No, Changbin, don't speak. Rest. I'm going—"

Felix took the two remaining steps, feeling very much relieved when he saw Changbin, but he felt annoyed at Jisung. Felix wasn't that useless, was he?

Changbin's face turned scarlet at the sight of Felix standing there, shirtless, in his friend's living room.

"Are you okay?" Felix asked, walking closer to where Changbin was sitting on the couch. Jisung was sitting on the table, leaning forward on his elbows. "How are you feeling?"