Ep 2

PoV: Sonic

  My alarm woke me up at five thirty. By six I was doing my morning cleaning and starting to set the table.

"Rouge," I knocked on her door at six-fifty, " ten-minute warning."

I knocked on Shadow's door next.

"What?" He opened the door and growled at me.

"... T-ten minute warning, t-then you should get up for work," he's scary in the morning.

He slammed the door, okay... he's not a morning person. I'm just gonna start breakfast.

I started cooking, I made a little extra for Shadow since he never ate the night before. A veggie burger with a runny easy-over egg on top.

"Rouge," I knocked on her door, "breakfast is ready."

"5 more minutes," She yawned.

"Come on now, you'll be late if you don't get up soon," I nudged her shoulder a little, "There's food waiting for you."

"Come e're you," she pulled me down.

"R-Rouge... w-wait I'm in the middle of cooking!" I pulled myself up, but he dragged me under the covers.

"You are just the sweetest thing!" She was holding me so close, I could feel the softness of her fur, "oh I could just squeeze you to death."

"... You might..." I squeaked as she held me tighter.

It went quiet, I looked up at her. I couldn't recognize that look in her eye. She had a strange smile.

"You look at home down there. Do you like them?" She ran her hand against my cheek.

"Them...?" I didn't know what she was talking about. Her eyes never shifted, I flowed them down to... "ah! I'm sorry!"

I jumped out of the bed and ran out. My face felt like I could toast bread on my cheeks. I hadn't meant to look, the image of her chest was stuck in my mind. No, I shouldn't have even looked down. I can't be thinking of things like that.

"Shoot!" I turned the stove off, my own breakfast was slightly burnt, "Well it's still edible. I'll just eat the burnt one."

"You made food again?" Shadow came out and sat on the couch.

"Oh, mmhmm. I'll serve you yours now if y-"

"I don't need food. You don't need to feed me," he said.

"I didn't know... I'll keep that in mind from now on," I placed his plate down, well that's a waste of food. I'll eat his for lunch then. Oh, I need to make Rouge's lunch!

"Shadow, are you still sour? Nothing in this world will cheer you up will it," Rouge came out and sat at the table, "This looks amazing! You much have been up early to make this."

"No, not really," I handed her a fork and she started eating, "is that anything imparticular you want for lunch today."

"I was just going to buy the cafeteria food. You don't have to make me lunch too."

"I don't mind, I enjoy cooking," I pulled out a lunchbox.

"I can't work you that hard. I'll stick to buying lunches, kay?"

"Alright," I placed the box back and finished off the dishes.

Once they had left for work, I was all alone. It was quiet, I cleaned up Rouge's dish and sat down to finish my paperwork. It's a big house for only three people. I guess they really wanted to keep me busy during the day.

PoV: Rouge

"You should give him a chance. He's not used to living in the new house either," I said as we sat down for lunch.

"I'm not interested in involving myself with him. And would you mind not making such a loud ruckus in the morning? I prefer as much peace and quiet as I can get," he didn't even look at me.

"Fine, be sour. But if it turns out Sonic can bake as well as he cooks you'll be sorry."

"Hmph."

I ignored him and finished off my lunch. I couldn't wait to get back home.

---

"Sonic, I'm home," I opened the door to find the hall empty.

"You're home early, welcome back," he walked over, soot on his face and hands.

"What have you been doing?" I asked wiping his cheek.

"This, the people who lived here before missed a bit if the fireplace. I was just cleaning it out for us," he answered, "Where's Shadow?"

"As far away from here he can get. You'll hardly see him home. He'll probably teleport back to his room anyway. Better to forget he lives here," I walked in.

"Oh, alright. I set out some snacks for you in case you get peckish before dinner," this kid is amazing with food.

"You're too sweet," I hugged him, not caring that I got soot all over myself.

"R-Rouge..." he was so warm, he was just like a doll!

I let loosened my grip on him and just smiled. He had the brightest blush on his cheeks.

"We should have a housewarming. I could meet some of your friends and you can meet some of mine."

"I should buy groceries then," he answered.

"You're just going to go with it?" I asked.

"I can't really stop you if you want to have a party, this is your home too," he's adorable.

"Something about you just makes me want to spoil you!" I squeezed him, "I don't think I've ever met anyone this adorable."

"Wait I'm supposed to be caring for you guys- ee!" I picked him up, "waitwaitwait, p-please put me down!"

"There," I sat him down on the sofa and wiped the soot from his face, "you've been working all day haven't you."

"I've only been doing housework, you've been working all day. You should be resting," he protested.

"You were cleaning the fireplace right. You should take a break, I bet you were working hard all day," I ruffled his quills, just like a toy

"I don't think it's fair for you to clean after working," he mumbled.

"Honestly we only had boring paperwork all day. I need to move around a bit. Why don't you take a bath? You could use one."

"I can't just leave you to clean," he immediately stood up to protest.

"Just do it," I pushed him into the bathroom, "I can't have you doing all the housework anyway.

  He eventually gave up and took a bath. I finished up his work in the fireplace. It felt great to move around after sitting all day. This house wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I think I'll really like living here. Especially with Sonic to keep me company.

~~~