Chapter 2: A New World

Loki woke up in a dark place. There were rocks everywhere. The stars seemed to be so close. He didn't know where he was.

"Hello?" he called out.

"Ah, you're finally awake, Asgardian." said a deep voice.

Loki looked up to see a creature. What was it?

"W-where am I?" asked Loki.

"That does not matter. How did you get here?" asked the creature.

"I fell into a black hole..."

"I assume you attempted to kill yourself?"

Loki looked down. "Yes.."

"And why would you do such a thing?"

"I wanted to be with the one that I love..."

The creature looked him over. "Get up. Tell me your story."

Loki got up and told him all about (y/n). He told him all about the way she died, all about how she went back home to heaven and could never return to Asgard. And he told the creature about his promise.

"You want to rule, child? We can help you. If you can't conquer Asgard, you can conquer Earth. But you must be put through a test. We'll send you out when you are ready. With an army. An army of our Chitauri soldiers. They will get you the throne you deserve."

Loki thought about this. He needed to keep his promise..

"Do we have a deal?" said the creature.

"....Indeed we do." Loki shook the creature's hand. It was time for him to take over.

~•~•~

Months later, Loki was ready. His raven black hair was now longer, with curls that faced upwards.

He went to the leader of the Chitaurti, who gave him a scepter, with great power.

The only price he had was to give those creatures tesseract. And Loki agreed. All he needed to do was wait for the portal to open..