Chapter 1: "You're back!"

In 20XX, Frisk fell into the underground. They were 16. They started a few pacifist runs for fun. Met people along the way. Helped people with relationships. But, soon they devolped a crush. On who? Sans. Sans the skeleton.

Sans of course, did not return these feelings. However, he did become friends with Frisk. They tried to woo him but always failed. Now, they live on the surfice with their friends. Frisk has persuaded Toriel to let them live with her. They're siblings with Asriel.

Frisk's POV:

Sans is coming over today! Tori says he has to babysit us, even though I'm 16. He... doesn't seem happy. I'm going to wear my best outfit.

There was a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Said Asriel. Of course, it was Sans who came in. And Papyrus? "Hey goatbro!" "Hey skelebro!" Both Sans and Asriel became friends when they first lived on the surface. "Oh, hey Frisk. Almost didn't see you there." Typical. That skeleton was kind of a jerk. But, at the same time he was kind of funny.

"Hi, Sansy." "Hey Sans, want to go play the new X-box mom bought me?" "Hell yeah." "B-But Sans-" "Frisk, I've been waiting since a few seconds for this moment." I couldn't ruin his happiness. "What will I do?" "Go cook spaghetti with Papy or something." Sans replied. Asriel was 16 too, yet he acted like he was 11. "Human, let's cook some spaghetti!" "Um, actually, I... don't feel like it." "It's alright, we can just watch Mettaton's show!" Not that gay robot again. "Eh, I need to use the bathroom."

I ran upstairs. I heard Sans in a conversation with Asriel. I had to eavesdrop. "Hey, goatbro?" "Yeah?" "Do you remember Chara? Double strike!!" "Yeah, why? Triple attack!" "It was just a silly question- Sword blast!"

Chara? Why were they mentioning her? I had told them that Chara was a demon that couldn't be trusted. I had to tell them that Chara controlled me during the genocide routes so that I could seem more innocent. Yet, they still try to remember her? Maybe it was just a random question. I went to my room and put on some makeup. I wanted to look very pretty. As I entered the door to Asriel's room, we heard the doorbell. Asriel ran at full speed towards the door. He loves greeting people. I followed along since my Sansy was there too.

Sans's POV:

I followed my goatbro down the stairs. Frisk also came along, they had a bunch of makeup on. I'm not sure why. Anyways, goatbro opened the door and... we saw a familiar face. She had a green and yellow jumper and brown leggings. She also wore boots and had a locket saying "best friends". "Chara?" All of us said at the same time. "Greetings." I didn't know how to feel. Frisk warned me about Chara, saying they'd started every genocide run and controlled Frisk. Asriel seemed happy to see them. "Chara! It's so nice to see you again! I-I'm so sorry that I failed the plan..." he started crying on Chara's shoulder. "There, there." She said. "Everything will be alright. I'm not mad at you." Frisk seemed angry at first, but then hid behind me. "Ah, Sans. It's nice to see you again." She put her hand out to give me a handshake, however I wasn't handshaking a demon. I just glared at her. She frowned. "Alrighty then... where's mom?" "She went to the store" Asriel reported. "Oh ok, I'll stay here for now then." She said. "Uh, how about no?" I replied. "Why not?" "It doesn't seem safe to have you around. You can't just show up unexpected and expect to get treated like a princess." "Very well then, I will just sit on the couch doing nothing." "Fine."

Frisk's POV:

What is she doing here?! She's ruining my chances! She's eventually going to show that she's not bad. That means they'll know I'm a liar!! I need to do something. I can't kill her because Sans will sense my LV. I wish she never came back!

Chara's POV:

Why are they treating me so weird? Azzy is acting normal but Frisk is afraid and Sans is being agressive. What happened to the good old days? When we would joke around and make flower crowns? Asriel, Sans, and I. Now everyone is so... different. "Sansy, I'm going to my room" Frisk told him. "Ok, goatbro, how about you go too?" "Cool."

"Why are you here?" "What do you mean?" I asked. "I know you're up to something. Frisk has told me all about you, demon." Those words kind of hurt. I frowned. "What did they tell you?" "Everything. How you started the genocide runs and controlled them." "Oh."

Although none of that was true, I didn't have a reaction. This has happened too many times. I'm everybody's scapegoat. It's normal by now.

Sans and I both sat there for a little. There was just silence. "You know, for a murderer, you don't really seem aggressive." "Maybe it's because I'm not one?" "Maybe. But, why would Frisk lie to me?" "To make themselves seem better? Dunno." Once again, more silence. "I'm sorry about those assumptions." "Hm? That's alright, we all make mistakes." He smiled. "SANSY, ASRIEL IS USING MY MAKEUP!" "I MUST LOOK BEAUTIFUL!" Azzy came downstairs wearing a full face of makeup. Both Sans and I laughed our heads off. I started crying out of laughter. Frisk... didn't look pleased. "Chara! This isnt funny!" They said with a chuckle. "Hey, do you guys have any chocolate?" I asked. "We have some in the fridge." Azzy pointed out. "I would go, but I have to stay on the couch." "Aww it's fine. You're trustworthy enough to go get it yourself." Sans replied. That made Frisk look a little disapointed. Right then and there mum came in and saw me. "M-My child? Is it really you?" "Mum!" We hugged. I missed her.

Sans POV:

I had to go. Paps needed his bedtime story. Frisk insisted that I stay the night. I had to turn it down. Chara doesn't seem that bad. But, I'm still wondering why Frisk would lie to me. Maybe they're not who I thought they were.

Chara's POV:

Time for bed. Tomorrow is a big day....