Chapter 2

Jack's POV
I'm not usually one to pick up random girls off the street but there was something special about Heather. I don't know if it was that I thought she was cute or because it was incredible how passionate she was about the theatre. I just couldn't help but listen to her when she told me about where she was from and about her audition. Then I found myself asking her out and she said yes. She actually said yes.

"So Jack do you do this for all the girls you see on the sidewalk?" Heather said after she filled out her audition sheet.

'What! Is she reading my mind?' I thought

"Just the ones that are pretty."

'Real Smooth Jack now she probably thinks you're stuck up and shallow!'

"You think I'm pretty?" She said with a smile.

'Maybe not.'

"Yeah I really do and I think it's amazing how passionate you are about theatre."

"Oh yeah I've been doing it my whole life." She said. "I started when I was 11 as Annie in
Annie and then I did some more musicals throughout the years then my Sophomore year I was in Annie again as Lily St. Regis and my career took off from there I guess."
"
What is this audition for?" I asked.

"This is a musical dedicated to many female actresses and singers. Today is the last day, it's also Marilyn Monroe day."

She said pointing down to the other girls dressed like Marilyn.

"I try not to overdo it with my outfit just enough to hint the directors who I'm going for."

Suddenly a younger woman opened the door.

"Next up, Heather Adams."