The Enemy On My Front Step.

I woke up happy. Maybe this thing with Jake would be fun after all. With that in mind I got dressed. I put on a black and white striped jumpsuit with pink bows on the sides of the pockets. I put on my makeup. Some pink blush and light mascra. I added some black bracelets and black wedges to comeplete the look. I left my hair open and curled. I grabbed my bag and car keys and ran out the door.

I got to school fifteen minutes later. I parked my car and ran to my locker. Destiny and Ashley were talking near it when I got there. Well more like Ashley was talking and Destiny was listening but she must be in her therapist mode because her eyes were looking in a faraway place like she was deep in thought and Ashley continued talking tucking her shoulder length hair behind her ear. I walked over to them and they looked at me suprised. I'm never this happy in the morning. I noticed their outfits. Asley was wearing dark washed jeans and a black longsleeved v-neck. When i got to Destiny my eyes nearly bulged out of its sockets. She had on a hot pink shirt with a square neckline that showed off her tattos and a yellow ruffled shirt.

" Ruffles!" I said. Destiny rolled her eyes.

'' That douche bag Jace made a bet with me that I couldn't go a week without wearing black so I took the bet. He said if I won he'd buy me a new guitar so of course I said yes''

'' What does he get if he wins?'' I ask. She pouted.

'' A date but that's not gonna happen."

" A date?" I ask suprised.

'' Yea a date but that's not gonna happen he's a total ass.'' I laughed. She was so mean sometimes.

'' Destiny are you sure you can do this? I know how much you love black" I say smirking at her.

'' Whatever Jade I can do this! I'm not that freaking obessed with black!" I smiled at her. I was about to reply when she said

'' Hey Jade did you know Jace was Jake's best friend?'' my mouth fell open. Jake's best friend had the hots for my best friend. That was just too cute! I was definitely gonna be talking to Jake about this.

'' No I didn't know that but now i'm glad I do'' I said grinning evilly at her. She gave me a ' WTF' look but i just shrugged. The bell rang. We said our goodbyes and I went to first period. The rest of the day went by uneventfully. I didn't see Jake in the hallway so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. 10th period was next so I was looking forward to talking to him. Woah wait a minute, did i just say I was looking forward to seeing Jake? I mean I know it's because I wanna talk about Destiny and Jace but still the thought sounded to weird to me. I stopped my inner monologue when the bell rang. I quickly walked to class. I got there early so I sat in the back waiting for Jake.

'' Good afternoon blondie'' I look up to see a smirking Jake.

'' Afternoon Jakie'' The late bell rang and we waited for the rest of the clas to settle before we started our conversation because it was way too noisy. After everyone was settled I turned to Jake.

'' I need to talk to you'' I said trying to contain my excitement.

" What about?'' He asked.

" Your bestfriend Jace has the hots for my bestfriend Destiny so I wanna set them up''. I smile excitedly.

'' And how would you know this?'' he asks his smile matching mine.

'' Well apparently they made a bet. Some shit about Destiny being obessed with black so he banned her form wearing it for a week. Anyways if he wins he wants a date so what does that tell you?" I ask.

'' Ok so they like each other what are we gonna do about it?" he asks. I put on my best innocent face.

'' The thing is IDK if Destiny likes him so I was thinking about setting them up on a date so Destiny could realize that he's cool.'' I 've never met Jace before but I heard that he's a really nice guy.

'' Jade that plan sucks. I'm his best friend I know he likes her but we can't push the together unless we know she feels the same'' he gives me a 'Duh' look.

" Oh so I'll ask her'' I say and he smiles.

" Anyways blondie tomorrow's Friday. So I believe that means that we'' he points his finger back and forth between both of our bodies, '' Have a study session.'' I groan internally. I totally forgot.

'' Okay'' I say. '' Where do you want to do it?"

'' Well I prefer the bedroom but I've explored other places'' he says winking at me.

'' OMG! you are such a pervert. I'm serious. Do you wanna have the study session at my house?'' I ask smiling. Jake's such a manwhore! So I understand why. Oh God why am I perving on him?!

'' You're staring blondie'' he says

'' Oh i'm just wondering why you're so ugly'' I say teasingly. He just frowns at me and keeps his mouth shut. '' What no comeback? No 'you're uglier' or ' you know you want me'."

'' I'm not going to lie and say you're ugly Jade. You, me and the whole world knows that you're hot so why deny it." I can't help it My face breaks out into the biggest smile and I feel the blush creepy onto my face. OMG! Jake Carpenter thinks i'm hot an I just insulted him.

'' Thanks Jakie. That was sweet and so don't worry you know you're hot so I don't have to tell you"

'' You think I'm hot?'' he asks shock written all over his face.

'' Of course I think you're hot. I mean have you looked in the mirror?'' I'm suprised that he didn't know I thought he was hot.

'' Oh I know i'm hot blondie. It's just that sometimes I think there's no such thing as egos around you''

'' Oh come on i'm not that mean'' I say '' And maybe if your ego wasn't so freaking huge I wouldn't have to attack it." I start pouting. I hear Jake mutter '' So cute'' underneath his breath. I don't think I was supposed to hear that. I'm about to call him out when he says

'' Can I have your address so I can be there for the study session?"

'' Oh I totally forgot about that. Sorry'' I pulled out my phone and texted Jake the address.

" Why didn't you just do that last time?"' he asks and I laugh.

'' It was more fun to make you sweat that's why." Jake scowls at me and I just laugh again. The bell rang . I walked out the door. Jake was still following behind me when i got to my car. I turned around to face him.

'' What's wrong?'' I ask.

'' Oh nothing I was just gonna tell you i'll met you at your hosue tomorrow because it's a half a day and I won't see you in any of my classes. Is five okay?'' He asks

'' Yea five is cool. Thanks for reminding me about tomorrow. Bye Jakie." I smile at him. He smiles back and then walked away. When I got home I ran upstairs dropped my stuff on the bed and called Destiny.

'' Hey can you come over?''

'' Sure i'll be there in minutes.'' She says and hangs up. I go downstairs and grab a can of Pespi from the fidge to drink while I wait. A little while later my door bell rang. I rush to answer it thinking it was Destiny. Instead I open the door to reveal a smirking Jake. UH..OH WHY'S HE HERE?

Authors Note

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME? I JUST WANTED TO LEAVE A CLIFFHANGER BUT DON'T WORRY THE NEXT CHAPETER WILL BE POSTED THURSDAY SO I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE EXCITED. I'M INRODUCING A NEW CHARACTER. HIS NAME IS JACE AND HE'S JAKE'S BEST FRIEND BUT HE ALSO HAS A THING FOR DESTINY WHICH I WILL FOLLOW UP WITH IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS. SO LOOK FORWARD TO THAT GUYS. ANYWAYS THANKS FOR READING AND I LOVE YOU CHARMED FOREVER. ENJOY! ESTHER<3