Chapter 8: Appointments and Answers

Start from the beginning

Mal🐉: OMG you are carrying a little Hook!

Evie❤: Aww! I'm so starting on some gender neutral outfits!

Ben👑: Congrats guys. I'm glad the appointment went well.

Jay🐍: I hope it's not another Harry.

Lonnie⚔: Jay! Be nice! So cute!

Jane🧚‍♀️: Aww! Can I baby sit when he/she is born?

Doug🧠: Wow! They've got some good tech to get an ultrasound that good! Oh and congrats!

Carlos🐶: So that's what we start out like. Cool.

Gil🏹: That's the baby? It looks like an alien to me.

            "Are ye going to respond?" Harry asked. "Nah, they got the photo that's what matters. Now take me to get some ice cream!" Uma chuckled as she waved to Dr. Possible before dragging Harry out the door.
🌟
          Gil slipped his phone into his pocket as he finished responding to Uma's text. He was about to get off the bench to go shower now that Tourney practice was over, and when he noticed a familiar girl sitting under a tree nearby. It was the same girl he had bumped into his first day in Auradon. He had tried several times during the week to talk to her, but each time she would disappear into the crowd. Gil sighed in defeat. There was no point in getting up when he knew how the interaction would end.
🌟
              Jay had just talked to Coach and gotten his jersey when he turned to see Gil on the bench. He was staring off into the distance with a longing expression in his eyes. Jay followed his gaze and saw he was staring at a girl in the distance, a girl he knew pretty well. The realization of what was going on suddenly hit him and Jay began making his way over to sit next to Gil.
🌟
                Gil was in his own world as he admired the girl sitting under the tree. However, he was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts when the bench shook from someone sitting next to him. He looked over and saw Jay smirking at him. "Oh hey Jay. What's up?" Jay continued to smirk as he replied, "Nothing, but it seems somebody has caught your attention." Gil sighed as he glanced back towards the girl. "Yeah, but she runs away every time I try to talk to her. I don't even know her name."
🌟
               Jay looked in Gil's eyes and saw admiration and desperation filling them. "You really like her don't you?" Gil nodded as he continued staring across the field. "When I see her my heart beats faster, my stomach flip flops, and I forget how to talk. That never happened on the Isle. I don't understand why she's different." Jay placed a hand on Gil's shoulder. "It's because you're falling in love with her man. I felt the same way when I asked out Lonnie after Cotillion."
              Gil sighed. "At least Lonnie didn't run away when you asked her." Jay could see how badly Gil wanted to talk to the girl under the tree and decided it was time to do the Auradonian thing, help him. He stood up and slung his jersey over his shoulder. "Come on Gil. Let's go introduce you to your dream girl." Gil stared at Jay in surprise. "Really? But how do you know she won't run away?" Jay grinned as he beckoned for Gil to follow. "Because she knows me. We worked on a class project for History of Woodsman and Pirates together. We did ours on your dad actually, now that I think about it." Gil groaned. "No wonder she runs away. She's researched my dad." Jay laughed. "Just come on man."
               The two boys made their way over to the tree where the girl was sitting. She was busy writing and didn't notice as they came to stand in front of her. Jay motioned for Gil to sit in the grass as he did the same. Once they were seated Jay called out to the girl. "Hey Quinn." Quinn, that's her name. It's so pretty. Gil thought. Quinn looked up from her writing and smiled when she saw Jay but quickly turned nervous when she saw Gil. She quickly turned back to Jay and began making quick gestures with her hands. Jay chuckled and responded. "This is Gil. I heard your previous encounters didn't go so well so I wanted to introduce you to each other. Quinn this is Gil. Gil this is Quinn."
                Quinn gave a small wave as Gil turned to Jay in confusion. "What just happened?" He asked. "She made gestures with her hands and you responded, but she didn't speak." Jay's face immediately changed to a look of realization. "No one told you?" Gil shook his head, giving Jay the sign to continue. "Gil, Quinn is mute, so she doesn't talk. Those gestures she made are called sign language. It's a way of speaking with your hands." GIl nodded in understanding. "But how did you know what she was saying?"
                 "Remember when I said we worked on a project together? Well not only did I learn about your dad, Quinn taught me some sign language too. I'm not fluent but I know enough to understand her." Gil looked at him and surprise. "Wow, that's cool. So, you don't speak at all huh?" He asked turning towards Quinn. She shook her head before signing to Jay. "What did she say?" Gil asked.
             "She asked if you were bleeding anymore. She doesn't like blood." Jay translated. Gil grinned as he held up his hand to show her the healing cuts. "Nope just scabs. I guess that's why you ran the first time but what about the other times?" Quinn's expression turned sad as she started signing. Jay's face fell as he read her gestures. "She was afraid you would be disappointed," he began. "So she decided to hide instead of letting herself get hurt."
                Silence fell over the three teens as they decided what to say. Jay was the first to speak as he got up. "I think I'm going to let you guys talk this out alone, but before I go here Gil," he said handing him one of the jerseys he was carrying. "Congrats. You made the team." Gil smiled as he held the jersey with his name and the number 12 on it. "Thanks man. But how are we going to talk without you?" Jay chuckled. "Same way we did in the beginning, writing." He said as he took off leaving the two alone, but not before quickly signing to Quinn without Gil noticing.

(Italics means written conversation)
                 Gil looked back towards Quinn and pointed to the spot beside her. "May I sit next to you?" She nodded and Gil moved so he was leaning against the tree beside her. "So why do you think I would be disappointed?" Quinn sighed as she wrote. I'm not a princess, I'm not pretty or skinny, I don't even speak. I'm not like the other girls here. Gil was shocked as he read her statement. He never imagined she would feel that way. "I'm not looking for a perfect girl or a princess. I'm just looking for a girl who's willing to take a chance on the boy from the Isle. Besides, I think your very pretty."
               A light blush bloomed across Quinn's cheeks. "You're just being nice." She wrote. Gil shook his head as he gently placed his hand on hers. "No, I'm being honest. You. Are. Pretty." He emphasized. Quinn smiled as she wrote, "Thank you. No one's ever called me that before. Except my dad, that is." Gil's heart fluttered at the sight of her smile. It was so warm and he had no doubt it could melt the coldest of hearts. He got so lost in his thoughts it took him a moment to realize someone was nudging him.
               Gil snapped himself from his thoughts and saw Quinn gesturing towards her notebook. "Why are you looking at me like that?" It read. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Because I like you, a lot." He admitted. Quinn's blush deepened. "Oh." "Is something wrong?" Gil asked. She tapped her pencil on her notebook as she thought of what to say. After moment she scribbled something down. "I've never had a boyfriend before. It seems strange for a boy to like me. Plus, I'm not sure that I'm ready."
🌟
                 Quinn bit her lip nervously as Gil read her response. He looked up and gave her a small smile. "It's okay. I've never had a girlfriend. I flirted with a lot of girls on the Isle but I never got serious with anyone. However, one thing I do know is you make me feel things I've never felt before." She smiled at him before responding. "You do the same to me. Which is strange to say, since we just met. What are we going to do?"
               Gil thought about her question and a wide grin spread on his face as an idea popped into his head. "We can just take it slow," he began. "Let's be friends for now so we can get to know each other. Then once you're ready we can move forward. I don't want to push you into something you're not ready for." Quinn smiled brightly at his idea. "I'd like that. Thank you Gil." He smiled as he extended his hand. "To make it official let's start over. I'm Gil, son of Gaston." Quinn jotted something down before shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Quinn, daughter of Quasimodo."

Author's Note

        Hey guys! Another chapter down! Who's excited for Under the Sea this Friday!? I know I am. Also yes, I know Kim possible's mom is a neurosurgeon but this is my story so oh well. Keep chillin like a villian!

                         - Meloetta246