1 week later.

Since the first day ‘affair’ I talked with Jose more than with anyone in this house. Even if he had a free minute he looked after me just to ask what’s up but I must confess I did the same. I hung a lot with them but if I wasn’t in the same space as them I was thinking about him. Okay, I was thinking about him 24/7…

David never said a word but Ricky told me that both of them noticed this little connection between Jose and I. He didn’t try to say that it’s wrong or right or he’s happy or not, he just told me that as a fact. So it was an untold secret known by everyone. How beautiful!

But after a week I wanted to move this thing somewhere. I wanted something out of this confusing friendship. So I started thinking but then I realized I should calm. After tons of dreams and plans I figured out that I should be patient, cause it’s really not my business to take the first step.

And I didn’t have to wait for a long time.

In the afternoon I was watching Supernatural in the kitchen when someone just grabbed me from the back, pulled me up from the chair, put me down on the floor and turned me around. As I realized what I see, I almost melted. It was Jose, standing really close to me. He was holding me tight and looked me in the eye.

‘Does the princess have plans for tonight?’

PRINCESS? I almost screamed it out but I just smiled.

‘Not yet. Does my prince have a plan?’

‘Maybe we could go for a walk. I’d like to show you the town in the night, it’s kind of pretty.’

‘Great plan! When?’ I asked it like it was a totally usual thing that we go out… wait. It’s a…

‘What do you think, what’s the perfect time for a date?’ he smiled and I blushed.

Anytime if I’m with you. Anytime!

‘Well… 9 pm? It’s pretty dark outside at 9.’

‘Cool! See you then! Hopefully you won’t be late, I’ll pick you up at your house!’

‘I hope you know where I live.’

‘Hm… maybe I’ll find it!’ we laughed, he gave me a kiss on my cheek and left.

And I was standing right in front of the fridge like I just came out of it. Totally frozen. I couldn’t move.

I’ll go on a date with him!

It was 8.45 PM and I was already ready for the date but I didn’t want to leave my room because I didn’t want to seem too excited, but I must confess I was. I felt like a kid who’s about to go to Disneyland for the first time. To pass the time I was scrolling Facebook but I didn’t find anything interesting because my mind was somewhere far away from the cyber world. I was thinking about how could this whole date end up. I wished the best but all the wrong stuffs came to mind. I put down my laptop and started to walk around the room. Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

‘Annie, can I come in?’ Ricky asked.

‘Yeah, come!’

‘So? How are you?’ he asked with a smile on his face.

‘I’m quite nervous.’

‘Why?’ he sat down on the bed and I sat right next to him.

‘I don’t know I just… our relationship is something between love and friendship and it’s cool and I like it but kinda weird too and…’ I looked down on the floor and stayed silent.

‘And what?’

‘I really don’t want to fuck things up.’

‘Oooh, giiirl…’ Ricky hugged me then turned my head to make me look in his eye. ‘See, if you’re honest, you can’t make it go to the wrong direction.’