part I - II - III

Part-I

Russell always finds himself amid bizarre situations whenever he meets Romero. But he never shuns the idea that he is his personal “Romeo”. A sweet cute blonde guy with dyed streaks and quirk dresses always hovers around his heart like an aroma. But who doesn’t know, if you constantly inhale a fragrance, it fades away after sometime. Russell also started living with the pain. Romero never sounds interested in him. He is always busy with quirk tattoos, piercings or his drums.

When Russell met Romero for the first time, he looked into Romero’s deep, warm Spanish eyes; Romero also kinda gazed him; but a girl from nowhere stumbled and caught Russell for balance. It compelled Russell to disconnect the gaze; after much unwanted spat with the girl, when he looked for that cute boy, he is already gone. After that he searched the boy for a whole week but never found him, as if he disappeared after looking at him.

But rowdy Russell came across the boy again. For the second time he saw him writing something in a piece of paper. When the boy looked up, Russell caught himself ogling at the boy. But the boy frowned and engrossed himself on writing again. It disheartened Russell very much. And when they faced each other for the third time, Russell was about to approach, but Romero got trapped amid a cluster of friends, more clearly, his musical friends.

Their next meeting was awkward and strange. It was a crowded bar. A boy with orange streaks passed by him. They almost touched each other but Russell let it go. By chance, he listened a musical voice talking, ‘It’s too crowded today. Isn’t it?’ Now stupid Russell discovered it’s no one but Romero. But Romero and his friends were crazy, a bit doped. He didn’t amass courage to talk to him. They are already gone by the time. Count, it’s their fourth meeting.  

On their fifth soundless face off, they connected their gaze. They never really talked but had eyeball sex. It’s the best term to define it, “Eyeball sex”. Russell locked eyeballs with Romero and it gave him optical orgasm.  Romero Costa spells a charm on him.

Part-II

‘Hey Russell, something is bothering you’, said Ryan, his friend.

‘No, I’m fine’.

‘I know you are not’.

‘But I am’.

‘If something bugs you, you can tell it to Confession box of our school on Facebook’.

‘What? Confession box? What do I confess?’

‘You decide’, Ryan smirked, ‘I think you have something to confess. Don’t fear, it’s anonymous. Just pen your feelings; make sure they can understand to whom you confess’. The idea is crazy enough to spin his head and mind. Soon, he checked the Confession page of their school, www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfNorthPointHighSchool. Russell toyed with the idea of proposing Romero here.  But it’s open platform for high school students. Still, he wants Romero Costa to know about him. Actually, Russell is reluctant to meet him face to face; it may produce another irritating situation, they both would love to forget, On their six or seven meetings, he’s experienced bad, bizarre, quirk, weird situations for which he was not prepared.  Be it sudden raining on a sunny day or a bird dropping its necessity on his head.

So Russell decided to post a confession: We know each other very well, we have met several times before but never talked. If u r reading this, please talk to me. I am addressing some blonde, cutesy, colorful guy.

On next day, Russell prepared himself for school in an expensive jacket. After posting the confession he is relieved. He is pinning wishes that Romero will come and talk to him. Suddenly a girl from nowhere dropped herself before him.

‘Hi Russell’ she chirped, ‘I am so happy you wrote about me in school’s confession page. Can I kiss you?’

A girl in fuchsia shirt and blue skirt asked him. He looked at her face and it is no one but Adriana. He knows her but it sort of surprised him. ‘What did I post? I wrote about a guy to cry out loud’, he mused. How Adriana could even think of herself?

‘Umm…….Adriana, you are not the one. I addressed someone else. I’m sorry’, Russell tries to keep his voice polite.

‘Really? But didn’t we met and never talked?’ she raised eyebrows. Russell knows that she is right. But he never thought about her.

‘Yeah’, he sighed ‘But I’m searching some guy’.

‘Whoa!!!!!!’

‘Sorry baby and don’t tell anyone, please’, he pleaded.

‘Okay’, she mingled in the crowd of students.

Part III

So, sad Russell decided to confess again on confession page/ He prayed to Jesus again and again. This confession should hit his eye. Otherwise he would let Romero go of all his thoughts. Missing this chance means, they’re not meant to be together. Russell doesn’t know from where he collects these conclusions. Any other boy would smartly talk to the guy he crushes on. Russell is not like others. He is introvert and very calm.

Though he decides to let it go if this chance is missed, at the core of heart, he knows he’ll never let him go, from his mind. He always thinks of Romero, daydreams of him and badly wants him as boyfriend!!

So, in shaking hands, he typed on Facebook confession page for the second time:

 You know me. Please talk to me or call me. We met at least 7 times but never talked. It won’t hurt if we talk a bit.

He sighed after posting it.

Would crazy Romero give any attention to it?

Would he even check the confession page?

Would he even think of Russell?

Many questions crammed Russell’s little head. What if, Romero understands everything and starts to make fun of him? What will he do if everyone start calling him ’faggot’ and bully him?

Russell prayed to Jesus again. He was up all night long. He just couldn’t sleep. He kept on thinking the consequences of his confession.