Anthony watched as she inched herself towards the door. "If you leave again Jhenea you might as well stay gone," He told her.

Jhenea let out a deep breath. She was to weak to handle all of what was coming at her all at once. "I gotta go," She stepped out of the door.

Year One, Present

The tension was engulfing. A tight feeling made a crevasse into Jhenea's chest as she heard the rusty door scrape against the grimy tile. She diverted her red bloodshot eyes from her shaking hands to the other side of the metal framed table.

"Say, what I told you?"He asked as he instinctively rubbed the soreness away from his once shackled wrist.

Jhenea swiftly disbanded her eye contact as she felt her stomach churn in intimidation. "Not to come," She replied in a light voice.

"Tell me why you here then?" He asked her folding his fingers within one another awaiting her response.

Jhenea cleared her throat before adjusting her posture. She slowly fixated her eyes to fall on him. Once she saw his face, her heart fluttered  which went hand in hand with the swarm of butterflies that fell invasive to her stomach.

Being the clean and smooth nigga he was, he managed to make ends meet and kept himself up to his liking. His hair had grown out the length he always seemed to stray away from, he remained tapered and just like Jhenea loved, his finger nails were dirt free and aligned to the same length. "I'm still your wife," She states staring deeply into his brown eyes. He may have been able to pull his exterior appearance together, but through his eyes Jhenea could pick up the signs of stress, frustration and the look of disappointment.

He let out a deep chuckle that vibrated Jhenea's inside with yet another swarm of butterflies. "Is that right? Wife huh?"

Jhenea's trailed down to her shaky hands as she slowly nodded.

"I'm the one you talkin' to, not yo' hands," He reminded her with a great amount of authority he soon would be loosing once those handcuffs made contact with his wrist again.

Jhenea cleared her throat. She took a moment to shake herself from the nervousness. She nodded her head in response since she didn't really know what words to say to him at the moment.

Reaching across the wooden table, he took her hand in his. Flipping it over, her wedding ring bulged to sight. Upon setting his eyes on the ring, he averted his sight to Jhenea's flushed face. He let go of her hand causing her palm to come in contact with the table. Shaking his head, he sighed with a light and dry chuckle. "You funny as hell A'Mei, now you wanna wear yo' ring? Fuck outta here,"

Jhenea gulped down in fright. She didn't know what to expect at the moment and the suspense was killing her. "You only here because you feel guilty," He shook his head eyeing her with a look of disappointment in his deep brown orbs.

Before she could get any words out, she shook her head no. "Anthony I—"

He interrupted. "Anthony nothing," He scoffed waving her off.

Jhenea sealed her lips shut obliging to his notion of shutting the hell up. She knew if they weren't in this setting, Anthony would have done way more than this. Taking this to her advantage, she listened to what he had to say instead of trying to voice her perspective. "Jhen you did me dirty as hell. The more time I have to sit and think about this shit, the more pissed I get. You not only left once, but you left twice son. I understand the shit I did ain't forgivable, but when you went through yo' rough past I stuck it out with you. And now, all I get is a visit a year later and news of you not wearin' yo' ring while out with some nigga in LA. And you sittin' in my face callin' yo'self my wife? You wild as hell."