We decide to watch some Netflix before bed and snuggle up on the couch with a blanket and popcorn. Sam lasts about thirty minutes and then passes out. I turn the TV off and cover him with the blanket, giving him a kiss on the forehead before making my way to bed myself. Sam won't ever know how much he means to me, there aren't any words powerful enough to express how much I care for him. He may not be my blood, but he will always be my family.

I shuffle down the hallway to my bedroom and check the time. It's almost 4 AM, crazy how time escapes you when you're having a really good conversation. I close my door and clumsily take my pants off before hopping into bed. I sink into the sheets and pull the comforter up to my chin, prepared for a good night's sleep. I can feel myself floating out of consciousness when my phone starts to ring loudly. It startles me and I scramble to answer it.

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Hey." It's Jake. "Did I wake you up?"

"Kind of." I rub my eyes. "It's four in the morning, Jake."

"Sorry." He pauses. "I can't sleep."

"Why not?"

"I just can't stop thinking about the things Sam might've told you, it's keeping me up." He sighs. "I don't want you to hate me like he does."

"He doesn't hate you." I say quickly. "And neither do I. Sam is just... hurt but there isn't any room for hate in his heart. He wants you to believe that's how it is but I promise, he could never hate you."

"What about you? Could you hate me?"

"No." I respond faster than I think I should. "I don't think so."

"How much did he tell you?"

"Enough." He stays silent. "There's some stuff he didn't want to tell me, he wanted you to."

"Whatever you want to know, I promise I'll tell you." He takes a deep breath. "Can I come over?"

"What?" I ask surprised. "Are you serious?"

"I know it's the middle of the night but yeah." His tone is soft. "I wanna see you."

"Can't you just wait until tomorrow?" I laugh a little.

"Not really. I'm kind of already here." He chuckles.

"What?" I exclaim. "Sam is here, you can't come inside."

"Then come to me." He says. "I'm in the driveway."

"Give me two seconds." I respond and quickly hang up.

I wish I could say I'm mad but no matter how hard I try to be upset, it just isn't happening. I roll out of bed, feeling suddenly more awake than I should be. I creep down the hallway, walking on my toes trying my hardest not to disturb Sam. I peak in the living room at him, he's sound asleep, his mouth hanging wide open and an arm hanging off the couch. I stifle a laugh and tip-toe my way through the kitchen towards the door leading out to the garage. I open the door as slowly as possible yet it still manages to creek. I shut the door behind me and turn the garage light on.

Before I can even make it to the door that goes outside, Jake is already on his way in. We practically run into one another and he grins. He doesn't let me get a word out. He grabs my face and kisses me, obviously I kiss him back. We stand there making out for a minute, hands all over each other (I feel like a goddamn teenager) and then he pauses.

"Why aren't you wearing pants?" He whispers in my ear and laughs a little.

"There was no time for pants." I giggle.

"Well, I'm not exactly complaining." He kisses my neck and runs his hand down my back, squeezing my ass gently.

He continues kissing down my chest and running his hands over my skin, his touch getting more needy. That lustful feeling creeps up on me and I start to get all hot and bothered. He puts his lips on mine, kissing me hard as hell, not holding back at all. It's electric, the way our lips move together so effortlessly and I can't help myself, I start to undress him. I push his jacket off his shoulders and he shimmies out of it, not breaking contact with me for even a second. He pushes himself into me and I find myself backed against my car, his body pressed on mine. I reach under the back of his shirt to touch his skin and I can feel his erection on my thigh, which just turns me on even more.