Chapter 7; The King of Omashu

Start from the beginning

The guard looks Katara and (Y/N) up and down and strokes his chin and then points at the sisters. "You two seem like a responsible young ladies. See that your grandfather stays out of trouble. Enjoy Omashu." The man lets the girls and Aang pass, but stops Sokka and tells him to carry his grandfathers bag.

Once they all got passed the gates, they all took a moment to appreciate the beauty that is the city of Omashu. 

"This is the Omashu delivery system, miles and miles of tubes and shoots. Earth bending brings the packages up, and gravity brings them down." Aang explains.

"Great, so they get they're mail on time." Sokka looks at Aang, confused. 

"They do get their mail on time." Aang looks in another direction. "But my friend Bumi found a better use for the shoots." Aang grins wildly.

~~

They four all sat against each other in the mail crate. Aang was at the front, (Y/N) behind him and then Katara and Sokka.

Aang is the first to speak once they were all seated. "One ride. Then we will go to the North Pole. Airbender's honor."

"This seemed like a good idea at first, but now that I'm here I'm starting to have second thoughts!" The crate that the four are in swoops down the ramp just as she finishes her sentence. 

Aang laughs in joy at the ride as they continue down while Momo clings to Aangs wig. Behind Aang, the siblings all scream in terror. Once they stop screaming, the only sound is Aangs shouts of happiness as the crate bolts down the "slide". 

On the other side of the ramp a stand holding multiple spears comes up besides them. Once they all see it, they start to yell. They're crate goes ahead of the spear stand and then the ramps connect. The stand starts to speed up, catching up with the group and nearly piercing Sokka. 

(Y/N) screams loudly and hugs Aang around the waist, burying her face into his back. 

"I'm on it!" Aang says as he uses his body weight to push the cart they were in over the edge of the ramp. They slide off a slanted roof, interrupt an army announcement then they break another shoot and land on a different one.

As they are sliding down the ramp at a fast pace, Katara yells out to Aang, "Aang do something! Use your air bending!" as she takes her sister in for a hug.

"Yeah!" Aang replies. "Good idea! That will make us go even faster!" Aang grins and then slices his hands in front of their cart, doubling its original speed.

The cart is going so fast it nearly crashes into two other carts. It then crashes into the side of the ramp, causing its passengers to fly out with it. Aang then does some air bending and safely gets everyone back into the cart. They then slide down two more roofs, breaks some pottery and intrudes a building.

The cart they are in then smashes into a cabbage stand, and they all end up in a pile next to the ruined cabbages while a man screams out, "MY CABBAGES" in the background. 

The guards then approach the group and Aang rubs his head while looking up sheepishly and says, "Two cabbages please."

~~

The group was lead bye multiple guards into a large room and was placed in front of, who they assumed to be, the King. He was an odd looking man, with hunched shoulders, colorful clothes and two different sized eyes. 

The four kids stood next to each other, three of which were looking on in shame, whilst the other looked around in curiosity (guess who that was) while one of the guards declared that they were arrested for vandalism, traveling under false pretenses and the "malicious" destruction of cabbages.