1 || Aloha Philippines

Ladies & Gentlemen, We're now approaching Manila where the local time is 3:00 pm. At this stage you should be in your seat with your seatbelt firmly, fastened.  Personal television screens, footrests and seat tables must be stowed away and all hand luggage stored either in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front.  Please ensure all electronic devices including laptop computers and computer games are turned off.

Thank you.

"Holy Molly!" I nervously murmured. Not because of the suppose landing but the fact that I'm finally here.

This is it, I'm home.

You're finally home, Bea. I told myself.

For three years I've been bugging my parents to visit but either they're busy, they wouldn't let me or they'd choose other place to go to for even a short vacation. And now, here I am. I'm kinda nervous tho, and I don't even know why. Lol. This whole thing like moving is such a big check to my bucket list. I've always like to visit here. Don't ask me, I'm still a Filipino. And guess what was the best part of it? It's going to be my home for the next four years or so.

And I'm excited. Freakin excited. Who wouldn't?

I looked outside the window and my smile widened:

"Aloha Philippines" I muttered, excitedly. How I wish mom and dad are with me now but, yeah. Even my brother. He's studying in mainland so he's fine. We'll have our time. I'll just see them on holidays.

Fishing out my phone, I took an IGs outside and posted it, hello there my first video. I even took a normal selfie and a wacky one. I took another video of me feeling giddy and hyped, going to post it later. Gahd, I was hopeless. Well, I'm sorry I was just that excited.

The flight was long yet it's fine. I can't sit still for the last five hours knowing I'm close to the country. I didn't get to experience this with the other countries I've been to, so this only shows how special Philippines is.

After collecting my luggages which consists of a hand carry, 2 large luggages and 1 balikbayan box which I paid extra bucks for it, I had to ask help from the airport personnel to put it in the cart, I should blame mom for packing this much. But the box is for Auntie so I can't complain. Walking out towards the arrival area is making me dizzy. Whoa, "Aren't you excited Bei?!"  I asked myself, yeah, I usually mocked myself if I'm this nervous. I inhaled deeply and wore my smile and walked out...

It's hot though. Summertime Bei, remember like Hawaii? But it's hotter in here. At least I remembered to removed my jacket back in the plane and put it back in my hand carry before going out. With a plain white tee, high waisted jeans and a converse shoreline I was okay. I used my small back pack given by my brother.

Awkwardly, I look around, plenty tourist arriving too. Mostly Americans. Gripping the cart handle tightly, I feel nervous. It's been a year. What if they didn't come on time or they forget...what if?

"Isabel, we're here!" I heard my name.

"Ate Beaaa!" Dani, I thought. She was waving crazily.

"Bea!"

As I look in my left, there, the Ravenas, with my full name on a big board. "Aloha Bea, welcome to the Philippines!" They are waving at me. I can't help but to wave back and smile too, widely. Their whole family came to fetch me. It was nice to see them again.

Aloha indeed.

Auntie Mozzy, uncle Bong, came together with their son and the youngest Dani. Feeling happy I meet Auntie halfway and giving the grateful hug I've been wanting to give to her.