S A V I N G E L L I O T | A L L O F T H E S T A R S

Start from the beginning

My phone rang, pulling me out of my thoughts, and I hurriedly dug the phone out of my pocket. The ID belonged to Tam, and my brows furrowed. Wasn't she supposed to be on some kind of date with West? 

"Hello?" I asked as I pressed the phone against my face. "Tam?"
"El!" she said, sounding sort of breathless. "You have to come to Kopov's!"

"What the hell are you doing at Kopov's?" I asked. There was a loud shout in the background and something that sounded very similar to glass shattering into a thousand pieces, and instantly I was kind of worried. "Tam, what's going on?"

"Oh, it's nothing to worry about," she dismissed. "Everyone was just a little bummed out by the rain and since your footy match was cancelled, Kopov invited the team over to his house to chill."

Everyone had wanted to play a small match against each other today, but the weather seemed to have a different agenda. It resulted in O'Connor and me texting everyone, telling them the match was cancelled. 

"It doesn't sound like you're chilling, it sounds you're starting a mass riot to take down the government," I said. I looked out the glass besides me and frowned as the streets filled up with water. "I can't go, it's raining."

"Oh, come on, El!" Tam whined. "It's just a bit of rain. Just jump into the car and drive over."
"I don't have a car, I completely bashed it a couple months ago, remember?" I frowned, recalling the horrendous event of the truck smashing into the car, landing both Fintry and me in the hospital for a solid month. 

"Oh, yeah!" she said. "Sorry, El, I completely forgot."

There was beer at this party--I could hear the tipsiness in Tam's voice as she giggled to someone. Probably West. Ugh. 

"El, are you there?" a new voice chimed in--Finley's voice. "Take the bus, El. Everyone's here and we're all waiting for our captain to show up!"

"Long live Jensen!" I heard O'Connor yell and a chorus of boys' voices crescendoed after his declaration. I rolled my eyes. 

"It's a good way to end our break, Jensen," West said. "Just come!"

I honestly didn't know how anyone could be so happy in this depressing weather, but I knew that if I said no, my friends would probably march over to the bakery and drag me to Kopov's house if they had to. 

I sighed. "Fine. Give me about fifteen minutes, I'll be over soon."

Tamara squealed and someone delivered the news that I was coming. "Don't take too long, El," Tam said into the phone. "We're ordering food so come quick!"

The line went dead after another noisy bang in the house. I was almost tempted to just stay in the bakery and completely let my friends hang. The storm seemed to be getting worse and I definitely did not want to go out there, but again, I'd probably be dragged by my feet if I didn't show up. 

I finished the last of my tart before I got up and pulled the hood of my sweatshirt over my head. My fingers tucked in any blonde strands hanging out, then I left the bakery. I couldn't believe I had left the house in the first place, but the rain hadn't been so bad before. The droplets fell in a light drizzle an hour ago, and I figured it would let up in time. 

But it was England--I should've figured we would have another rainfall. 

I took the bus to my own house first. I didn't want to show up to Kopov's house in sweats and an overlarge sweatshirt that belonged to Arthur. 

I pulled the keys out of my pockets, unlocking my door, and then stepping inside. Like usual, a silence greeted me as I made my way through the house. My mum and dad were off at work, my brothers were all gone, and so was Elliot, so I alone for a decent amount of time during the day.