Hold On

A/N: Trigger Warning: Suicide attempt.  

                   ------------------------

              Loving and fighting
             Accusing, denying 

     "You need to stop being so reckless, Amelia!" The blonde male yells to his brunette partner and lover.

     She turns to him with narrowed eyes, quickly standing from the couch. "Me being reckless?! Says the guy who jumps in front of bullets on a daily basis for people that he doesn't even know!"

               I can't imagine a world with you gone.

     Leon holds Amelia close, burying his face in her shoulder while her fingers play with his hair. He finds safety and home in her presence and arms.

              The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of
              I'd be so lost if you left me alone

     Leon awakes from his nightmare, breathing heavily as he searches for his rock.

     "I'm here Leon. I'm right here." Amelia pulls him into her arms. "I've got you Babe. I've always got you."

     He cries into her shoulder, holding onto her like she's his lifeline. She's seen the same kinds of things as he has. Even with demons of her own, she always helps him with his. She's always there.

            You locked yourself in the bathroom
            Lying on the floor when I break through

     "Amelia. You alright?" Leon knocks on the bathroom door. Worry starts to creep into his mind as he's answered with silence. "Amelia? Please answer me."

     He turns the handle to find it locked. Worry builds up as well as the sense of dread. He starts banging on the door. "Amelia?! Baby please open the door!" After more silence, he slams his body into the door, breaking his way inside.

     His heart stops at the sight of her laying motionless on the floor, an empty pill bottle, opened near by.

     "No..."

               I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
              Can you hear me screaming, "please don't leave me"

     He quickly drops to his knees, pulling her close. "No! Amelia!" He presses his shaky fingers to her neck, finding a faint pulse. Tears stream down his cheeks as he cries out.

    "Amelia please don't leave me!"

             Hold on, I still want you
            Come back, I still need you
            Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
            I swear to love you all my life
           Hold on, I still need you

     He quickly carries her out of their home. He put her in the passenger's seat before slamming the door shut and rushing to his side. He gets in, starting the car and speeding out of the driveway. "Hold on Baby please. Hold on."

           Long endless highway, you're silent beside me
           Driving a nightmare I can't escape from
           Helplessly praying, the light isn't fading
          Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones

     He drives with one hand on the wheel, the other clutching her hand tightly. His voice cracking as he prays. "Please. God, please. Please let there still be time. Baby, please stay with me."

     He makes it the hospital and rushes to get her inside. He carries her inside, holding her tightly. He calls out to the nurses, doctors, anyone who can help. "Someone please! Please help!"

           They took you away on a table
           I pace back and forth as you lay still
          They pull you in to feel your heartbeat
           Can you hear me screaming, "please don't leave me"

     They take her from his arms and onto a gurney. Leon barely makes out the words to explain what was wrong. But they seem to get the situation with what he does make out.

     He tries to follow as they take her away but he's held back by some of the nurses. They explain how he can't follow and that he has to wait here.

     He nods absentmindedly, his mind only focused on Amelia. He doesn't even try to wipe away his tears. He doesn't care that others are seeing him cry. Amelia is all he cares about.

     "Please don't leave me Amelia... I need you..."

            Hold on, I still want you
            Come back, I still need you
            Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
            I swear to love you all my life
            Hold on, I still need you

     He stays in the chair, face in his hands as he waits for news. Flashes of their time together go through his mind. The laughs, the smiles, the tears, the few fights. 'Whatever I did... Whatever caused this... I'll make it right... I promise Amelia. I'll make it right for you...'

             I don't wanna let go
             I know I'm not that strong
             I just wanna hear you
             Saying baby, let's go home
             Let's go home

     He can see it in his mind. She'd give him the smile she always saves just for him. She'd grab his hand and hold it in both her hands. 'Let's go home Leon.'

            Yeah I just wanna take you home
            Hold on, I still want you
            Come back, I still need you

     He continues to rub his thumb over her knuckles as he holds her hand. He stays in the chair beside her bed. Waiting for her to open her eyes. For her to come back to him.

     Hours pass before she stirs. Soon her eyes open. Her eyes instantly find his. Tears of regret and sorrow fill her emerald orbs and roll down her cheeks.

     "Leon... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I love you Leon. I'm sorry Baby."

     He kisses each of her knuckles. Tears of happiness spill from his eyes. He stands up and kisses her. He pours all of his emotions into the kiss. He rests his forehead against hers after pulling away. They intertwine their fingers as he speaks softly.

     "Amelia. It's gonna be okay. Everything is gonna be okay. I love you too, Amelia. Always, no matter what."

           -------------------------------

     I've been feeling a little down lately and writing this little thing just helped me a bit. So, leave a vote and or comment of what you think if you want. It's all appreciated greatly.

     To anyone who struggles with depression, suicidal thoughts and things like that. I know what it's like. So please know, that if you need someone. I'll be there for you. I'll be that someone.