Chapter 1

I would always refer to myself as being a happy child, well most of the time.

One day 3 years ago I was happy, as usual, but I got   knocked back down. Literally off my feet unable to stand for an hour. Nothing had pushed me nor was anything stopping me from standing back up, except myself.

I laid on the grass motionless until my brother emerged through the glass slide-along door.

He looked at me, seeming to think nothing of my current static state " Catherine get up, it's time for dinner" he turned around preparing to go back inside.

I tried, I really did, but I couldn't will my 14 year old body to revert to a vertical base.

He turned back to me " Cath stand up, please" he whispered. Worry and confusion edged into his voice.

I felt tears well up in the corner of my eyes but I couldn't physically will my hand to lift up and wipe the tears away. The first tears spilt from my blue eyes and slid down my cheeks, 
leaving wet tracks.

As a last ditch effort I drained what little energy that remained inside my body, I let out a silence breaking, ear piercing scream that was sure to grab attention before I was sucked into a dark abyss.

I came to about 5 minutes later being escorted to a hospital. My eyes darted around looking for an explanation from any of the
People around me.

All I received in return was a "you'll be okay" from my father.

I stared straight at the white and red roof of the ambulance.
The female paramedic reassured me telling me that I would be alright.

I didn't want to close my eyes in fear that I would never open them again. I tried to control my erotically beating heart because it was at risk of bursting.

We arrived at he hospital in record time where I was transferred to a gurney and rushed into the X-ray for an emergency examination.

The doctor had them place me on  the imagery table.

"Okay. Catherine, I'm going to ask you to remain very still" he said taking a look at the screen beside the machine. I found the statement ironic as being still was the only thing I could do at that moment.

I stared straight up as I felt the table move underneath me. I couldn't feel the rays but I could because I knew they were there.

After that I had been transported back to a room in the ICU as my case seemed rather strange, at least from what the nurses and doctors told me.

My family sat beside me as I felt a tingle from my head down to my toes and I genuinely had thought I was going to be okay.

The doctor knocked on the door before entering. His look was incredibly solemn as if he was about to deliver life changing news.

"I'm very sorry. Your daughter has cancer" he said addressing my mother and father. My heart shattered,
I probably was never going to become a neurosurgeon like I dreamed of.

" however we caught it early so it would be easy to treat. I guarantee you in 6 months you will be cancer free."

6 months of radiation and chemotherapy and I was good to go, so said the doctor.

If only I had known it would come back to bite me in the ass three years later.

——————————————
This is the first chapter I really hope you like it because it took me a lot of tries to get it like this. 

I will be updating at any chance I get but if I don't update at all in a week don't be angry or surprised.

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
RECOMMEND.

Love you all already.

A short chapter of 644 words.