The young emperor sighs and summons for a servant.

The blind concubine basks under the sun in the small courtyard.

How can anyone pass up the good weather?

A light breeze carries with it the scent of green grass.

Yu Li dozes off on his feet. Its warmth penetrates the thin material of the cloth and soothes his heart.

Xiao Bao also leans against the rattan chair dozing in light slumber.

A parade of footsteps from faraway seems to be headed this way.

Xiao Bao stands up in bewilderment, dusts off his clothes, and sees the administrator of palace interior standing in the entrance of the small courtyard leading a crowd of manservants and palace maids. Indeed, this gave him quite a scare.

What has become of the cold palace? Why does everyone suddenly see fit to pay us a visit?

The administrator makes a shushing motion with his hands and beckons him forward with his eyes.

Xiao Bao lowers his head to see that the blind concubine has already fallen asleep, so he carefully makes his way to the courtyard entrance and kneels.

He has never encountered this administrator before but remembering the beatings and punishments administered by the others, upon seeing this uniform attire and this badge, his calves begin to quiver and his palms break out into cold sweat.

But this administrator surprisingly allows him to rise to accept his orders.

A long unending procession of manservants and palace maids hold embroidered silk fabric quilts, glazed porcelain chinaware, exquisitely crafted fabric fans...so that he cannot help but take a quick peek.

The administrator whispers a few words to the person standing beside him. The person nods his head and as silently as they can, leads the manservants and palace maids into moving the many gifts of different sizes into the courtyard, arranging them in their proper positions.

Xiao Bao's jaws drop in astonishment.

Administrator: These gifts, speak not of their existence to your master. Understand?

Xiao Bao starts, hurriedly nods his head,
Xiao Bao: Yes, I understand.

Administrator: Nor will you mention one word of the gift giver.

Xiao Bao again nods vigorously,
Xiao Bao: Rest assured, even if Xiao Bao possesses the guts of a hundred men, Xiao Bao dares not speak a word.

Administrator: From this day on, I fear there will be many esteemed persons passing through the cold palace. You must go about your duties as in the past. Do not let your master sense any change. Beware of what comes from your mouth, you should know this.

Xiao Bao makes a gesture of agreement.

After a while, a servant comes forward to report,
Servant: Everything has been properly arranged.

The administrator nods and waves his hand to dismiss the servant. Then leaving behind a few last closing instructions, he leads the crowd of manservants and palace maids away.

Struck by a moment of pure stupefaction, Xiao Bao finally comes back to his senses.

What, what is this?

How many years has master lived in the cold palace? Never has anyone questioned this. Ordinarily it would take half a day for Xiao Bao to beg for some food to bring back. Why is this changing now?