A distant reunion

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm glad to see you too, "Shinomiya said as his smile looked a bit forced.

"Your head..." Nanashima said, "...don't you think you oughta go get that checked out?" 

"Yeah, we plan on going sometime today," Shinomiya stated.

"That's good," Nanashima said suddenly feeling awkward of what to say.

"Hey-how come the media isn't here bothering you with questions yet?" Nanashima wondered.

"Well, I officially came home yesterday. And the media doesn't know because we didn't tell anyone yet," Shinomiya said.

Nanashima couldn't help but stare at his features. His color bone and his ribs poked out of his chest his shoulders were boney and his hair was longer, his skin was paler with dark circles under his eyes. Nanashima just wanted to hold him for some odd reason, he wanted to protect him...

"So your friend...Riku, was shot?" Nanashima asked.

"Yeah," Shinomiya said, "It was like yesterday for me, or rather the day before yesterday..." He trailed off, "but I'm Sure Riku told you all of that," Shinomiya said, "I read everyone's letters," Shinomiya said as he turned to Nanashima, "Thank you Nana, and tell Kairi I love her picture," Shinomiya said with a weak smile.

"Sure thing," Nanashima said as he turns to look away from him. He felt awkward because there was an eerie emptiness inside of Shinomiya that only Nanashima would have described as a broken soul. It was almost too heartbroken to watch, but then Shinomiya did something even Nanashima didn't expect.

"Hey," Shinomiya began as he place a firm hand on Nanashima's shoulder almost forcing him to look at him,"If you even think about pitting me, or feel sorry for me, don't waste your time," Shinomiya said with cold eyes, that tsundere personality type was finally resurfaced from all those years as he said, "Yeah I dealt with a lot of shit but it doesn't mean I'm broken," he said as he crossed his thin arms.

Nanashima smiles as he hugged him, "I'm glad you didn't completely change!"

"Hey you're too heavy!" Shinomiya whined and Nanashima laughed.

"Will you're right about one thing," Nanashima said as he pulled back from Shinomiya,"You never broke your spirit," Nanashima said with a smile.

"That's what I just said," Shinomiya said.

"Hey, I'm trying to give you a comp-" But was interupted by....

"Oh, how is everything in here?" Mrs. Shinomiya said as she walked into the room.

"Just peachy," Shinomiya said with a weak smile.

Mrs. Shinomiya stood in the door frame as she smiled as she let out a sigh watching the two engaged in the conversation. There is so much I want to ask him about... His mother thought, But I won't dare to bring up this past if he doesn't want to relive it.

She smiled when she turned from the door frame and into the kitchen with her husband.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Mr. Shinomiya asked.

"Well, he mentioned he wanted to go to the doctors for the head injury but since its an old injury, chances are that the doctors will just refer him to a specialist. So it got me thinking," Mrs. Shinomiya began, "Is it really best for him to see doctors and councilors right away? I mean he only has been here with us for a day, it's not like the doctors or anything will "fix him" he doesn't need fixing anything. He is a survivor,"

"Yes, he may have survived but things like this, might have its side effects, and we are only just the beginning of what's to come. The poor boy had suffered and either those repressed memories are going to resurface and we have to prepare ourselves for what's to come,"  Mr. Shinomiya said.