Chapter Five: Playing with Humans.

Start from the beginning

            I broke out in a smile. “Is this your idea of our honeymoon?”

            He chuckled. “Maybe. I just thought after what happened you and I could get out of here for a few days. I figured it would be nice to be free of the pack and our problems for a bit. Most mates get to go have a little honeymoon but we never did.”

            “What about the boys?”

            “We can bring them or let Mom watch them.” He came to me and cupped my cheeks. “I want you to be able to relax and be young again.”

            I rolled my eyes but lightly kissed him. “I would love to go but you know I barely ever act my age. We both know I acted older than you. Speaking of which your birthday is coming up. What do you want?”

            “To take my mate to Hawaii and see her in a little bikini.”

            “That doesn’t count.” I moved to poor him coffee. “You planned that trip and knew about it. That can’t be a present. A present is supposed to be special.”

            Lane chuckled. “Love you’ve already given me everything I wanted in life a more. I don’t need anything else from you.” He took his cup of coffee. “Don’t worry about it.”

            “Well that’s easier said than done. You treated me like a princess for my birthday and I can’t think of anything to do for you.” I pouted for a moment but then got an idea.

            Seeing my face change Lane raised an eyebrow. “What?” But I shook my head. He tried to read my mind but I put that thought in a safe, locked it, and threw away the key. When he accepted I wouldn’t tell him he gave up.

            After we said our goodbyes I went up to get ready. I showered and wiped the mirror of steam and sighed. Even after all this time my eyes still surprised me. They truly were as gold as the sun. By far from human but then again I wasn’t just a human. I was a powerful she-wolf descended of the first wolf. Power ran through my veins.

            Closing my eyes I focused on that power and wondered when my last run was. With the boys I was so busy but now was my perfect chance. “Hey Alex I’m gonna go for a run so you can come over in about an hour,” I said through the pack link.

            “I’m already here and you know Lane doesn’t like you going alone,” he replied.

            I rolled my eyes but made my way back downstairs where Alex was waiting with an annoyed look. I had to fight to roll my eyes again. “Don’t try to act like the proud protective big brother on me now. I’m so not putting up with that bull crap.”

            Alex and I were only half-siblings. Our mother had been raped by the Grayen’s Beta and had Alex. It hadn’t been till Richard, her brother and Alpha, told her that the child hadn’t lived that she ran away and found my father and had me. Sadly without a mother and being born of rape no one really looked after him. We had a great aunt and uncle but they were too old to really do much good for Alex.

We hadn’t met till I moved to the Moonlight pack and since then we had been trying to build a good relationship to which we had. Alex had even given up his arm to protect Lane because he knew what Lane meant to me. Thankfully once he mated with Caroline it grew back. Sometimes it was just awesome to be a wolf.

“Well maybe if you hadn’t gone off the deep in or had kids it would be ok but you need to be extra careful. Bryn you have two sons to look after.”