The Last Virgin Standing One-Shot Competition

~~ If you haven't read "The Last Virgin Standing" by @laughterandjinx then don't read because you might not understand this. Go read it because it's fantastic! Thanks for reading, enjoy! ~~

***The next 2 paragraphs are NOT mine, they were written by @laughterandjinx and she gave me permission to use them.***

~Charlotte's POV~

"I didn't want to leave his side. The Chandlers held each other's hands as they watched their unmoving son lay in the bed, unresponsive to the hysterical cries that were erupting around him. Dad held me in his arms just as he had when I came home from school wondering why my mother had left me. It was just the same except I wasn't wondering why Luke had left me. He didn't leave me. I left him and I wanted to take it all back---the arguments, the empty silences, and pushing him away. While I deeply cared for Tyler, I would go back and change it all to get Luke back. He was the best friend any girl could ask for, and I didn't ask for it. He was an angel that I didn't deserve to have watching over me.

His blonde hair was swept over to the right of his face. His skin was as pale and sickly looking as ever. It was tear-overload when I saw the green veins on his eyelids. His mouth still had color and for the first time in a while, it was still. While the sounds of mourning were drowning the room, I couldn't help but notice the silence. His stupidly reassuring voice wasn't ringing in my ears and his hand was resting comfortably on my shoulder. He wasn't making fun of my movie choices or complaining about my expensive taste in ice cream. I wanted so badly to just hug him and laugh with him one last time before he left, but I couldn't be selfish like I had been. There were more deserving people who deserved to be selfish, and I wasn't one of them." That's when there was a loud beeping noise, it was familiar. Could it be the heartbeat monitor? I thought to myself.

I opened my eyes and yawned so loud that I thought I was going to wake everyone. My phone layed on the night stand, still beeping loud like crazy. That's when Luke came into the room, he had two coffees in his hand. I slept over at Luke's, not wanting to go home at 3:00 in the morning and receive a lecture from my dad about being out late and answering 20 questions. Last night we went out to a pre-graduation party that Ian had thrown and invited us to, we didn't get home until 2:45 though.

"Morning Charlie, it's about time that you get up" he said chuckling, while a wide grin spread across his face.

"Yea yea Luke, be quiet" I said playfully "I just had the worst dream ever!"

"Oh yea, and what was it? Were you dreaming about me Charlie?" he teased.

"Actually, yea. But it's not what your thinking though" I said as I gave him a horrified look.

"Well, come on, tell me what happened." he said with a worried look on his face.

"I had a dream that you, Tyler, and I were in a car accident and you died after telling me that you loved me. But you wanted me to be happy and didn't want to ruin anything between Tyler and I. Then, we all graduated but it wasn't the same without you. It felt so real!"

"Oh jeez, um...that must have been bad" he had a nervous look on his face.

~Luke's POV~

I can't believe Charlotte had a dream about me like that, I am more shocked than anything. I like her a lot, and she's right, I wouldn't ruin what she has with Tyler. I've told her how I feel about her, but because of this high school game, she doesn't take me seriously, and it really stinks. I wonder sometimes if she has feelings for me, we say 'I love you' back and forth, but it's best friend love. Sometimes I wish it was something else, and I regret not telling her how I feel sooner.