Chapter 23. "Niall Horan's Girl; Baby Comes With"

Începe de la început

“Niall went into this relationship thinking that it would be easy to balance a career and a girlfriend and for Riley to balance work a boyfriend and her son but Niall got caught up in the family side of it and now he’s stuck in a relationship he can’t get out of. He doesn’t want to hurt her (Riley) he just doesn’t want to be a dad at 18. Niall really loves Riley; he just didn’t realize that the baby came with”

-John Adams, Gossip Group, UK

I blinked back tears and scrunched up the magazine in my fists.

“Are you okay?” asked Danielle, looking up from over her paper, causing El to look up too.

I nodded, gritting my teeth to keep my tears off of my cheeks. “Fine” I squeaked “Niall’s here right?”

“Upstairs”

I jumped up “I’ll be back”. I made my way upstairs slowly, magazine held tightly in my hands as I knocked on Stella’s bedroom door where I knew Niall would be.

“Come in” he called

I opened the door and shuffled in, keeping my head down and closing the door quickly behind me. I didn’t want any prying eyes to wander in while we had this discussion.

“Hey Baby” I heard him smile. I couldn’t look up at him though. “What’s wrong?”

I picked the newspaper up to my eye level and instead of answering him I read; “Niall’s young, he wants to go out and have a good time, he doesn’t want to come home early from drinking to check on the baby or worry about the baby sitter” I paused and continued “Niall really likes Riley, but he wants a girlfriend not a family commitment.” Tears started to spill over and the words on the page got fuzzy, yet I still knew what they said “Niall got caught up in the family side of it and now he’s stuck in a relationship he can’t get out of. Niall really loves Riley; he just didn’t realize that the baby came with”

When I finally looked up at Niall he looked stunned. His mouth was open, his blue eyes wide with shock and anger and his fists clenched at his sides.

“Where did you get that?” he whispered

“Gossip Group UK” I laughed bitterly, holding up the magazine “Even made front cover Niall Horan’s Girl; Baby Comes With

“Riley-“

“Who did you say it too?” I asked, anger boiling inside me “Because whoever it was can’t keep their mouth shut without grassing on you for a couple of quid”

“I didn’t say that to anyone!” he argued “I never said it, period

“Then where’d they get it?” I asked “Where did they get the idea that you’re unhappy with me, where did they get it Niall?”

“It’s gossip magazine Riley, they make things up”

“Well I’m tired of them being such bullshit artists!” I screamed, throwing the magazine at him, tears streaming down my face “I’m tired of being called a bad mother and a bad girlfriend and having people tell me that the guy I love doesn’t want to be with me but can’t leave without looking like he’s leaving his family!”

“You aren’t any of those things, you’re an amazing mother, you’re a terrific girlfriend and I’m not going anywhere!”

“That’s not what they think!” I screamed “I can’t deal with this anymore Niall, I can deal with them calling me a bad girlfriend, I can deal with the same pressure Danielle and Eleanor get but this is too much!”

Niall frowned and wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his chest “its okay Riles, everything’ll be okay”

“No it won’t” I sniffled clenching his shirt in my fist as I cried “I don’t want you to think I don’t love you but, He’s my son, you’re my boyfriend, you have to see that there’s a priority there Niall”

“I do” he muttered “Because Draco and you are both number one on my list”

That only made my cry harder. Niall got me out of my jeans and into some track pants before he tucked me into bed and continued to hold me while I cried. I felt stupid for crying but for a second, my brain believed that magazine article. Maybe Niall was unhappy, Maybe Niall was stuck with me because of Draco or other things. Maybe I was a terrible girlfriend and a terrible mother. Maybe I just wasn’t good enough.

“I love you Riley Kendall” Niall whispered as he brushed my hair back and slid his arm out from underneath me and tucked me further into bed as he slipped out of the room, me half asleep already.

“I love you Beautiful” The door clicked close slowly and I was asleep.

Poor Riley :(

Do you think she's a Bad Girlfriend?  

Bad Mother?

Do you think Niall still loves her? 

What about the gossip magazines? Do you hate them??