Background info (please read)

Disclaimer: Not the actual story but it'd be great if you read it. If the music distracts you then don't play it but I am really fond of this song uwu.
As you know, y/n always stays locked up in her room. It's not like anyone's forcing her there, she does it on her own will. But why is that? Y/n thinks that she's broken. Broken beyond repair. Who broke her you ask? Her very own mother.

17 years ago, y/n was born. Her mother and her always had a healthy relationship. Sure she dropped you like twice as a baby, but you guys had a bond. But what changed? After your father's company skyrocketed, your mother became bitter and relentless. She was scared that her husband would leave her for some high class rich bit- You get the point. Y/n's mother was insecure, and she started taking out her pent up feelings on Y/n.

She left her own child to starve. She locked her up in her room and verbally tormented her. Blaming her for messes she didn't make, punishing her for speaking without permission. Her mother never let her go outside, you didn't have any friends because of this. You grew up alone and secluded from the world. Your father never knew, he was clueless. He was always out on business trips and your maids never said anything because they knew your mother would ruin their lives. You didn't dare say anything to him either, afraid that he wouldn't believe you. Your only comfort being the books on the shelves. More specifically, the language textbooks. You started studying languages of all sorts- sign language, Russian, Chinese, and even body language. Oh how badly you wanted to communicate with someone, anyone but yourself or your mother albeit. You tried talking to the maids but they were ordered not to speak to you.

Miraculously, your father finally noticed something was off about his wife. She kept accusing him of cheating, doubting their relationship. He also noticed how uncomfortable you were around her. He ended their marriage. Oh and you bet your mother blamed it all on you. For some reason you still felt guilty, even though you did nothing wrong. You went through years of therapy and you finally spoke out about what your mother did to you. Your father tried to spend more time with you from then on. He even wanted you to be the heir of the company. You went through some training and some business stuff and it wasn't as boring as you thought. Maybe you had found your purpose in life? You started working under him and for once you actually had something to do.

You began going outside more, communicating with all sorts of people from all sorts of different places. Was there a lost foreigner who didn't know English? You gave them directions and even had a few conversations with them. You were fluent in a ton of languages. For once you felt needed, even if the person was just a total stranger. It felt nice to be thanked and appreciated.

Your father then told you about the news... the company would be relocating to Japan. You weren't mad, no you were rather pleased. You would have no language barriers too, you were fluent in Japanese. (Haha that rolls of the tongue) A fresh start, new places and memories to be found. You wanted freedom. Your father wanted you to have freedom too, so he bought you your own house in the Miyagi Prefecture. Of course he would check up on you time to time. He also wanted you to feel like a normal teenager, to have friends and to be independent. Of course, you still had bodyguards, but other than that, you were on your own. And boy, did you love it. You still had the whole heir to the company thing going on and you still worked under your father. Your father enrolled you into Aoba Jōsai, little did you know that your life would change forever. Little did you know you would also meet the oh so famous, Oikawa Tooru.

Authors Note: Hi, you can address me as Reese, thanks for reading! Please point out any errors to me, thanks. I will fix them immediately. I have not read the manga but I'm currently watching the anime. I don't think I want to follow the original story line oof