Humans

The next day was.. normal. Well, at dinner a fight broke out between a centaur and an elf. that was pretty exciting I guess. I decided to take a walk through the forest, a little closer to the outskirts, from there it was about 30 miles to a small park. A few miles separating us from the humans. I guess that's part of why I liked doing this, hanging out on the edge of the forest. It's kinda like tempting fate, but, safer, since no human ever came to this forest.

I had spent about an hour out there, watching the sun... curfew was when the sun went down, I'd have to start heading back soon to make it in ti- My thoughts were interrupted by a loud bang, and a hole in the tree beside me, I instantly made the connection, gunshots, and began to run. I managed to shake them off my tail halfway through the forest but still didn't stop running, I made the normally 30 minute travel in just under 15, "HUMANS!" I screamed out as I ran into the camp, "THERE ARE HUMANS IN THE FOREST!"

People began to run into cabins, and scream, and panic in general. Old Mr.Nolan rushed out quickly, "DONT PANIC!" He called out. Instantly at his voice, everyone turned to listen. "Runt, do we have reason to believe that the humans know the location of our camp?" He asks calmly, I shook my head, "I-I managed to shake them off my tr-trail.." "They saw you?" He asked, I heard everyone whispering, they all seemed scared or mad and it was all directed at me, I want to cry, I wanted to run off and hide and never be seen again. "Y-yes sir.." My voice wS barely a whisper. "Do you know what they want?" "W-werewolf hunters..." My voice shook, the reality of what just happened hadn't fully settled in yet, but, I didn't need to go back and look again to know what those men wanted. I knew that a single pair of eyes on me were filled with concern now, Sky's, they always cared too much about me.. I honestly appreciated it though, but it made me feel worse for being so cruel to them. Mr.Nolan gave a small nod, I think, I couldn't stand to look at him. "We will begin evacuation to a location deeper in the forest, immediately, Runt will be in the first group to go, you're all to collect your belongings and prepare to leave!" He announced, I knew that was my cue to run to my cabin and begin to pack, I thankfully took the order, glad to get away from the piercing eyes of my peers.

If you didn't know the forest it was easy to get lost, this worked to our advantage, and the humans hadn't found our camp, we managed to all depart before the humans even got close. I wished I wasn't the only wolf, so I wasn't the only one surrounded by adults. At least I wasn't the only one who couldn't leave the group... however, this made everyone pretty upset, mostly at me for 'causing' this... I didn't ask for this. I didn't mean to get spotted, I didn't expect any humans to come here. I really didn't. They didn't care though, they blamed me. It was about three days before we actually got there, everyone was tired and mad, and hungry. We were supposed to stay within the confines of this camp, which was not only cramped as could be, but had a forcefield, and invisibility field so we couldn't be found. At dinner that day, Ven stormed over to me, "What's wrong with you mutt?! Don't you know humans are dangerous?!" "I-I do, I didn't mean for them to see m-" "I bet you did, you're the cause of all this! They already knew about you somehow, after all, why would werewolf hunters come here otherwise?!" He growled before turning to the ground of children, "RUNT WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN!" He called, "He wanted us to be found, he wants us all dead! That's why he lead the humans to us!" He growls. People seemed to agree. "N-no! I didn't!" I deny, but that didn't stop the crowd of angry kids from closing in around me..