Chapter15: Curse and Third Eye

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The gift of the third eye is the second primordial magic. It's not an enviable gift. These possessors are sought after by great wizards, governments or even ambitious wizards because their forecasts, always correct, can be a formidable weapon. A sorcerer helped by this gift can prevent the realization of the premonitory dreams with the clues of these last ones, on the other hand, a prophecy is inescapable. Most lived cut off from the world, voluntarily or not. Some locked them in ivory towers, preventing any contact with the outside world for fear of seeing the future revealed to others than themselves.

Just like wizards capable of casting ancestral curses, they were rare. The problem was more than many wizards were confusing art of divination and third eye. Thus, the real prophets were unknown, the last to have been declared officially was Cassandra Trelawney, a century earlier. Her great-great-granddaughter taught Hogwarts divination ...

It was going to have to keep Sophia's gift secret in order to protect her from all those who would like to use it.

Sirius sighed. When he married Katrina, two very powerful wizarding branches had mingled for the first time. He had suspected that their children would be powerful, but two possessors of a primordial magic, he could not have known. He would have preferred that they were just gifted, not geniuses attracting so much attention.

A gesture at the door caught his eye, Draco stood on the threshold, looking worried. Decidedly, these two never let go.

- My uncle ? He did not wake up?

Sirius smiled. This child reminded him a lot of Narcissa, he had his sweetness, the same tender smile when he dropped the Malfoy mask he wore just like his father.

- No, but do not worry, I protect it.

Draco kept coming closer, ignoring Pomfrey's glare. She was going to intervene but the words of the child prevented it.

- I can help you know ...

His eyes were fleeing, but his determination was strong. For hours, he bore the influence of his magic that pushed him to Alexander. Sirius frowned. He could not see how young Malfoy could help Alexander. There was only to wait, his reserves would refer to themselves alone. He nevertheless signaled Draco to come by his side. He was a little curious, he did not forget the oath of the prince ...

The child advanced to the edge of the bed. Sirius noticed that he seemed sure of himself and relieved, as if he were finally giving in to an impulse he had been repressing for a long time. When Draco grabbed Alexander's hand and felt a crazy energy pass from one to the other, he thought he might have made a mistake by letting his son's friend follow his instincts. He felt that once again they were going to get noticed.

From experience, he knew that intervening was not a good idea. Instead, he preferred to keep the boys out of sight of the other occupants of the infirmary. From an accio, he pulled the curtains around the bed and threw a silence, created a temporary bubble. He heard Pomfrey rebel against his decision, but he did not give way. She could still pull the curtains, as long as he kept her spell, she had no chance to open them.

Soon, Draco stepped back, staggering slightly. The adult grasps his shoulders, holding him back and helping him to stand up. Negligently, he left her chair and sat down on her son's bed. The latter seemed to breathe easier, the ugly whistles that accompanied each inspiration before Draco's intervention had disappeared. Reassured, he let go of the spell and a fury in a white coat could finally approach them.

- Mr. Black, I will not accept that you use some black magic on these children! I can not forbid you to stay with Alexander since you're the father, but I'll protect at least Mr. Malfoy.