Chapter13: Squibs

Start from the beginning

- That will pass Draco. Soon you will not feel any more discomfort.

The gray eyes stared at him, then a small smile took place on the thin lips of young Malfoy. Seeing his expression, he was very proud of him.

- I'm the last to get up Alex. That means that I am the most powerful after you?

If he was a little disappointed by his words, Alexander could not help smiling, happy to see that his friend became himself again.

A few minutes later, everyone was slowly recovering from their emotions. The five children had gathered in the center of the room and sat on the floor.

- If what you said yesterday is true Theo, it would mean that I am the least powerful of us. Hermione realized, her eyes suddenly fleeing.

"And that I'm the most powerful," Draco added again.

Alexander sighed. He would never have thought his comrades would enjoy making a stand. If Draco seemed very proud of him, Theo and Hermione were clearly less comfortable. To believe that they would have preferred to suffer a few minutes more in order to appear more powerful.

- Indeed, it is said that the pain and the duration of the latter that a sorcerer feels when he is given a catalyst is proportional to his powers. Replied Theo.

Black's son sighed, he could feel the problems coming.

- So what ? Power is not everything. A wizard may very well have a huge magical potential, if he does not know how to use it it is useless. And then, many other qualities make up the great wizards. He explained.

At these words, everyone seemed relieved, even though Draco grimaced. He did not want to make his cousin's childish joy go away, even if it was a little too noisy, but the attitude of Theodore and Hermione had pushed him to make things clear.

After that, they no longer spoke of the power rank they had established.

They spent the day in the park, lying in the grass, near the lake and in the shade of an old oak tree. The atmosphere was joyful and light, despite the morning ordeal. They all savored the impression of accomplishment. They did not even think of going to the library.

The weekend ended as well, punctuated with games: Blaise proved very endowed with witch chess, Theo a virtuoso of the explosive battle, discussions, jokes. Like all children, they enjoyed the moment. But soon we had to face Monday and with him, the first real week of classes.

Severus Snape was one of those teachers who imposes respect and dead silence in their class in one look. No one of such minded would try to disrupt his course. With a look, he calmed the most insolent, especially the griffondors. That morning, he was preparing for his third class with the first Slytherin and Gryffindor years. Arranging his protective potion as usual, which gave his hair a greasy appearance, but which above all prevented them from burning or melting in contact with the inventions of his pupils, as had happened to him earlier, he sighed. During the second class on Friday morning, he noted, much to his regret, that Alexander Black, Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger would certainly prove to be the brightest and most challenging students he has ever had. . Difficult because insatiable. At the end of the class, the two Slytherins, accompanied by the griffondor, had asked for a bibliography. Well he was exaggerating, maybe not a bibliography, but he still saw the little girl, her eyes shining.

- Professor Snape? Would you have books to advise us first? We have tried to take chances among the books of the library, but our knowledge does not yet allow us to know what to read.

Never a first year had asked for more work, it happened, for the two classes to exam, the Buses or Aspics stress enough students to dare to disturb him at the end of class. He had almost heard himself ask in a cold voice: