Chapter13: Squibs

Start from the beginning

Draco screamed, feeling his magic trying to leave his body, as outraged at being restrained. He collapsed quickly, not even feeling that two arms supported him with difficulty before driving him to his bed. His blood seemed too thick to pass through his veins, he had the impression that his eyes were melting, an illusion reinforced by the fact that his sight was blurred because of his tears. A cool hand was positioned on his sweaty forehead, he felt a small sensation of calm while his body seemed to burn.

Blaise collapsed as soon as he pulled on the ring. His hand seemed to be out of his control, as if his body was throwing that part of him into contact with the catalyst. He was sure she was going to fall. When he felt like molten lava spread all over his body from it, he wanted to help him fall. If he had a knive at his disposal, no doubt he would have cut off that limb, which at once brought him a mad pain. His eyes were veiled, his tears redoubled. A small part of him, still conscious, whispered to him to bear, the pain was going to subside. He had to. He could not endure this last long before sinking into madness.

Theo was weeping too. He felt a part of him, his magic, defending himself and trying to escape the control of this object. He slid against the wall, resting his head against the cold stones. The pain was immense, it reminded him this time that a venomous snake had bitten him, he had felt the venom spread in his veins, as today he felt the pain spread to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

Hermione was suffering, sitting on a bed, she did not even know who he belonged to, she was crying in silence. A sharp pain had invaded her, she did not know how to get rid of it. Only time could soothe him. A look with Theo reassured her, the boy also seemed to struggle with all his strength and she heard howls and tears coming from her other two companions. She could think herself happy not to be the most powerful to hear them.

Soon, Hermione got up, tired of the ordeal, but no longer feeling pain. She was followed by Theo, who immediately took his childhood friend in his arms. Alexander did not notice them. At first, he had made sure that their suffering would not be as violent as his and had been reassured. But Draco, if he did not seem to experience a mystical vision, was always screaming to break his vocal chords. He could not let go of his eyes, he could not move away and tried to relieve him a little, caressing his forehead, speaking to him softly, even if he was not to hear it. When he realized that Hermione and Theo were doing better, he hoped that meant the close end of his brother's ordeal. The pain of the first two had lasted only a few minutes, maybe in a few moments Draco would recover.

Ten minutes later, the two boys were still suffering as much. Panic was invading him little by little. There must have been a problem, the artifacts might not be safe ...

- Theo, there is a problem, they should have already felt better no?

His voice was shaking with worry.

- Not necessarily, you for example, you stayed half an hour in this state, leave them time, it does not even a quarter of an hour. Replied the Slytherin.

He would never take half an hour to observe such suffering at Draco's.

Moments later, he felt movement behind him and realized that Blaise had had to recover. When he saw a black hand grabbing Draco's, he sighed in relief, hoping it would mark the close end of Calvary. He was wrong. He had to wait more than twenty minutes before seeing two gray eyes clinging back to reality.

- Alex ... moaned he trying to get up.

Once again, he accepted this nickname, once reserved exclusively for Sophia. He helped his friend to stand up, feeling the fear and stress gradually disappear. Draco was even paler than usual and clung tightly to his cousin's hand. The latter tried to relieve him, to reassure him.