Schedules and Rumors

"Yoooo! Freud, wait up!"

Freud glanced over behind him to see Aran waving at him, skidding to a stop right beside him. She gave him a bright smile.

"Long time no see!" She said. "It's been a while since school and boy am I PUMPED!"

Freud laughed, beginning to walk on. Aran jogged after him, staying slightly behind. "It's nice to see you in such good spirits right now." He smiled. "Most people wouldn't be too excited about coming back to school. Specifically, those two..."

"Oooh yeah definitely those two." Aran agreed. "They'd most likely either avoid each other completely or get into a huge fight. And then Mercedes will have to push them away from each other and make 'em break it up LOL."

Freud nodded, focusing more on where he was walking than what Aran was babbling about. Aran was a very sporty girl, and she enjoyed talking a lot, although sometimes she would just not stop talking. Phantom would say that it got annoying sometimes but he never said it right to her face.

"Oh yeah, have you heard the ruuuumours?" Aran whispered to Freud. "That a new kid is like... In EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR CLASSES? Like WHAT? IS RNG RIGGED NOW?" She made some weird hand signals. "And like... Barely ANY of us got into a class with you! Except like... Phantom or someone else. But REALLY! They separate us from you, and you're like... The big special leader and all that stuff! THEY CAN'T SEPARATE OUR GROUP LIKE THAT!"

"But they can," Freud pointed out, "because the teachers in this school don't care about friendships and stuff."

"DANGGIT!" Aran yelled at the open blue sky. A few other students gave her some weird looks, and Freud quickly pushed her into the school building. He gave her some 'please calm down' hand motions before slowly continuing on walking.

After a few minutes of silent walking, Freud and Aran found another friend: Luminous. Freud waved at him, jogging over to him quietly.

"Hello, Lumi." Freud greeted, smiling. "How have you been doing recently?"

Lumi pushed his glasses up with two fingers, clutching the book in his other hand. "I am doing fine." He replied, leaning back on the wall. "Although I would much rather not be here at the moment. The petty thief could steal my lunch money any second now."

Freud laughed. "It always seems to be you who gets stolen from, doesn't it?" He said, sort of trying to lighten Lumi's view on the situation he was in with Phantom. Aran was also nodding vigorously.

"Yeah, it's like, favoritism!" She added. "And then soon enough, he'll steal your heart! And then you guys will go all lovey-dovey at each other and-"

"SILENCE!" Lumi snapped at Aran, who laughed her head off. He seemed genuinely angry, yet Aran was treating it like a joke.

Well, what can we do? Freud thought. It's just the way she is.

"Alright alright! JK JK!" Aran calmed down, backing away from Lumi. "It was just a joke Lumi, geez Louise." She shrugged. "You seriously need to learn how to take a joke."

Lumi simply scoffed. "I have no need for jokes." He muttered. Aran snorted.

"Yeah well, you're really gullible because of that!" She chuckled. Lumi growled at her, taking the book in his hands and preparing to hit her with it until Aran ran away. He sighed in stress as he made his way back to Freud, who was just standing awkwardly.

"I am so sorry about Aran." He apologized to Lumi, who just shrugged.

"She isn't as bad as the... Petty thief so you need not to apologize in her place." He said. He closed his eyes and pushed his glasses up with two fingers once again.

"Awe, and here you are again calling me just a petty thief!"

Lumi flinched, backed away, and whipped his head around, facing the locker he was formerly leaning on. A rustling noise came from the locker, and a chuckle could be heard from inside. The locker's lock fell off as it was cut off from the inside, and the locker door swung open to reveal Phantom, who was wearing a deep blue cardigan. A black and gray fedora sat atop his head to add to the aesthetic.

"Phantom." Lumi grunted. He didn't look at all surprised. "You know you are going to have to pay for that lock."

Phantom sparkled, flipping his hair and smirking at the gray-haired man. "Well, in all honesty, who caaaares? It's just a lock that can easily be replaced anyway. What really matters is..." He posed, closing his eyes and smiling. "The grand entrance!"

Lumi scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Grand entrances are not important." He pointed out. "What matters is that you pay the school for violating their property." Phantom just shrugged, stepping out of the locker and slamming it behind him. Lumi narrowed his eyes as he watched Phantom waltz his way through the hallway.

"By the way, I'll just be wandering around you near lunch to pickpocket a few dollars for the cafeteria. Just so you know~" Phantom called over, waving his hand back at Lumi and Freud as he still walked away.

"SCREW YOU, THIEF!" Lumi spat back. "I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

"Love you too~" Phantom then ran away, laughing. Lumi grumbled, clutching the book tighter in his hands.

"Lumi..." Freud started, but Lumi shook his head.

"I would like to be excused for a moment..." He muttered, before stomping off somewhere else, probably going off to contemplate about stuff.

Well, there goes Luminous...

Freud sighed. Phantom and Lumi always got into fights and arguments, even about just the smallest things. No one could really do anything about it, except Mercedes.

Deciding to be productive, Freud took off his bag from his back, opening it up and taking out the crumpled piece of paper known as his schedule. He unraveled it to reveal his schedule for the rest of the year.

So the first class I have is... Science with... White Mage? Never knew a teacher had a name like that.

He read a bit more.

English with Neinheart, PE with... Limbo? And... Life Skills with Cygnus!

Freud didn't think that his classes for the first semester was too bad. Of course, he didn't know most of the teachers on his list, but he had heard from a lot of students that Cygnus was a really nice teacher to be with, so he was already really excited to start school.

But the rumour that's going around... I literally got into all of my classes with someone else who's new to this school... It seems like it's more of a possibility than I thought.

He smiled to himself. Being in all his classes with someone new... He could show them around the place and get to know them.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

The bell rang its tune, notifying everyone in the school that class was officially starting. Freud quickly packed his bag and zipped it up, grabbing it and putting on his back. He grabbed the straps with his hands and started walking through the halls to his first class, the thought of the new student lingering in his head.

Who knows?

Maybe we can be friends.